[ROM] SS 5.6 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. frostyicy

frostyicy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When using my camcorder I noticed that when I record a video holding my camera portrait style, and I play the video it shows in landscape style and vice versa.

Anyone know a fix to this????

2. Rento

Rento Member

Ratings:
    +7
    2 main issues I didn't have with 5.5:

- Late texts/emails...
    - Constant battery low notification... I would rather have my phone die all the way then charge it at notification.

3. bamartin03

bamartin03 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what happened but I have been using 5.6 for a day and a half flawlessly. Just now I was installing kindle for android and figured I would connect to wifi while it downloaded. Once it went from downloading the app to installing it rebooted and all apps not saved to my sd were gone. I ended up restoring and I'm getting ready to flash the unthemed ss5.6

I just got this droid, I'm used to modding the ally and never had a problem like that before. So I want to make sure that wasn't a hardware issue...

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

4. bamartin03

bamartin03 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it did it again. This time it was more unprovoked. I flashed the unthemed version and when I went to make a nandroid backup in rom manager it cleared something right before it booted into recovery. It keeps clearing all my downloaded apps not moved to SD. Which include my adw themes, market and what not. I also noticed it cleared my defaults, like having adw launcher home

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Edit: I think maybe its either a bad app or this Droid can't handle 900mhz. I'm running at 800 now and I won't use that app anymore

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  5. Rento

Rento Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Adding:

- Missed phone calls due to phone not ringing....

6. kmagameguy

kmagameguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ever since updating to SS5.6 I'm unable to play the itunes un-drm m4a format as well as the windows media player wma format. I know a simple fix would be to just convert that half of my library into mp3 format, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue? On the current MIUI build (also 2.3.7 based), these file formats play just fine natively, and with ubermusic (the media player I'm currently using on SS5.6). Does anyone know if there's a way to get these formats to play on SS5.6? I don't remember this being an issue on 5.5 but it's been so long since I've had that version installed I can't remember for certain...

7. alucardx

alucardx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just noticed while playing music from the google (default) music player.. it absolutely kills my battery. with or without the DSP effect, makes no difference. back side is hot to the touch, seems to be keeping my CPU pegged at max CPU (800Mhz in my case).

8. tek112

tek112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should probably set your governor to powersave. Google music is very resource intensive. Just be forewarned that if you do this you may not be able to answer incoming telephone calls immediately and the phone may lock up. It is a price to pay for running advanced applications on older hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

9. androidlearner

androidlearner Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Running. SS 5.6 (themed)

Using stock messaging, I keep receiving messages 3 or 4 times anywhere from 3 - 30 seconds apart. This is regardless of the carrier the message originated from. I've tried using Chevy's tool, wiping cache (both), and fixing mms. Still happening. My phone ran fine for over a month with no problems. Started happening a week ago.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. Durania

Durania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The main issue I have experienced is the wallpaper not scrolling whenever I flick to different screens on the main menu. I discovered that opening the keyboard and closing it fixes the problem.

11. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have constant loss of text messages as well as even loss of contacts on my phone. I also have messages that were stored gone as well after an FC.I also have messages getting hung up and not received as well for long periods.I also keep getting low battery issues after a full charge without any long term use.Even after hard reboot still having numerous FC and crashes.

12. tek112

tek112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you come from a full wipe? I have never experienced any of these issues. As for the FC's, have you tried to fix permissions in clockwork?

13. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have never with any of Chevys roms had to do a full wipe or mess with permissions. I wipe the cache and that was all. I may have to try a full wipe at this point.

14. tek112

tek112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just use titanium backup and you can go from from clean to a stocked rom in 15 minutes. All you'll have to do is set up your home screens. Don't restore system data.

15. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1

Thanks I will give that a try
    Happy new year!

Search tags for this page

how to changebattery notifications simply stunning

simply stunning 5.6 multimedia messaging