[ROM] SS 5.6 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    When I was getting the mount error I formatted the partition I made for link2sd and then it starter working again. I used the pc partition tool to do it.

2. javaman70

javaman70 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Reinstalled as 5.6 then reinstalled link2sd and now all is good! :)

Sent from my Droid

3. kmagameguy

kmagameguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really a bug per se but ever since I've installed 5.6 I'm unable to play the iTunes .m4a format. I used to be able to on stock ROM/previous SS ROMs but now it's a no-go with Ubermusic. Is anyone else having this issue?

4. Sixonefour

Sixonefour Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery bug? The (+/-) 9%? What CPU bug? Someone want to save me some reading and fill me in? The ROM seems to be smoother than ever, for me.

EDIT - Having the same issue with the CPU.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. coovee

coovee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting camera clicks over and over. After I click a link or when I'm not doing anything. Pretty weird

6. hailster

hailster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Other than the major bugs already listed (I admit I only read the thread up to Page 11) the most annoying bug I've found is when using my Motorola S9HD head phones the bluetooth controls are laggy and sometimes will select party shuffle, very annoying when I'm at work and have a good playlist set-up only to have it wiped out by party shuffle.

7. drainprra

drainprra New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can i set the APN

Hi Chevy,

I'm indra (newby), i've just installed SS 5.6 on my droid and working great :biggrin: but there's only one big problem, i cannot set the APN because there is no setting for APN, is there any other way to set this APN? other than that your "Simply Stunning" is superb man! dancedroid

8. DaftPunk

DaftPunk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I made a Back Up before I Switched to 5.6 and I uploaded a custom theme...long story short it didn't work out. So I ran my back up and everything was partially deleted. It started as if I did a factory reset...but my Wifi password was still saved. My phone didn't return to 5.5 either. None of that is really a big deal. I guess the real problem is that my Market Place disappeared, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

(Btw I'm fairly new at this, so I won't be offended if you mention something obvious)

9. alucardx

alucardx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here are the issues I've had -

CPU bug - I think this is what other people had. I've only seen this once. I think it was after a reboot of the device, phone was running really sluggish. I checked Governor and CPU overclocking settings and both min and max was set to 250. My usual setting is min=250 and max=800.

Battery bug - I've had really odd battery issues. For the first few days my battery would only last about 6 hours and that was with only light usage. I used the app "where's my droid power" and saw the status bar was taking a very high % of the battery. I found a reference in another thread about this issue, and turned off the notification bar power widget which fixed this issue. Once I fixed this, I still have had less than optimal battery performance. I'm not sure if it's because of the 1% increments and how my OG droid is reporting it, or if it is a legitimate ROM -> battery issue. Usually around ~75% battery, if I use the phone a little to look at an email or look at a webpage, once I go back to my home screen my battery will drop to about 56%. There's another similar drop around 45% where it will nose dive to about 27%.

Low power issue - This has been noted previously. Once you hit your user defined threshold for low battery, the prompt and notification sound (if enabled) keeps popping up over and over until you plug it in.

Dialer issue - Just had this morning. I received a call, and my phone would not stop vibrating. I looked at the screen and it was frozen with a receiving call screen, but then I had a Go EX Launcher crash message (the force close, wait, etc window) on top of it. However, I couldn't press anything on the screen or do anything with my phone for it to go away. I also noticed that my battery was in the red. So this could have been a valid crash of my launcher for whatever reason, but because of the battery bug (which causes its own pop-up) it forced me to do a battery pull.

Dialer issue #2 - Manually dialed a pizza place to order a pie, this number was not in my contact list or recently called list, I hit dial. Then for some reason it dialed my girlfriend which I do have a speed dial icon for and may have been the last person I called in my contact list. I looked at my phone and it did have my gf as being dialed, I hit end call, then I had another on-going call icon in my notification bar, i clicked on that, and it then began dialing the pizza place. :blink:

Note - This install was done on a clean install of the phone. I unrooted back to default Motorola spec, re-rooted, wiped everything, installed rzr recovery, installed this rom.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  10. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had similar issues. flash 5.5 and all will be well. IMO 5.5 is the best performing ROM for the OG Droid.

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid

11. androidlearner

androidlearner Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I just flashed Chevy's newest Simply Stunning 5.6 ROM (his theme) and Titanium Backup is acting weird. At first when I installed TB pro it didn't recognize it until I installed the free version. Now it won't restore anything.

edit: I got the restore to work but I am still curious about why it didn't recognize Titanium Back PRO until I installed the free version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  12. frostyicy

frostyicy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exact same thing happened to me man. Just go here make sure to download from your phone and you'll be good to go. :icon_ lala:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11/19/download-updated-android-market-v3-3-12/

M
    ake sure to have unknown sources checked in your applications settings.

13. androidlearner

androidlearner Member

Ratings:
    +10
    My battery life was horrible on the first charge. I did a full wipe and flashed the ROM and overcharged my battery and let it run until my phone shut off. Now my battery actually lasts an hour or so longer then it did when it was stock.

P.S. This was my first time flashing a ROM. Hope that helps a little dancedroid

14. phydeaux98038

phydeaux98038 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this has been covered or not. I haven't found anything, but that may not mean much...

Anyway, I installed SS 5.6 the other day, and have noticed that SMS messages are often not received. I have one that I receive daily at 10:00 am, and I haven't seen it come in since the install. When I open Go SMS Pro, it will come up, then immediately close. Default Messaging appears to work, but again, I just don't see those daily SMS.

Should I simply try a reflash, or is there maybe something else going on?

15. frostyicy

frostyicy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it does the same with me, also Android Overclock doesn't seem to work either, Quickclock Advanced for some reason does seem to work tho. After reboot's it does't stay tho, I have to go in an set it again.

I'm not sure if this rom is fully compatible with overclock apps. Being that Chevy creates his own kernels and slot maybe it has something to do with that. Idk.

Search tags for this page

how to changebattery notifications simply stunning

simply stunning 5.6 multimedia messaging