[ROM] SS 5.6 (2.3.7) Incl. 1% Battery and Other Goodies

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you're saying you have two notifications for each individual account, meaning if you were to receive an email to both accounts at the same time, you would have four notifications? I'm not sure if this would even be possible, but maybe you have two GMail apps somehow working at the same time, independent of each other. You could try removing GMail from /system using Chevy's scripts. If you don't have two apps, and hence after removing it via scripts you're left with no GMail, just re-install from the market and see if the problem persists.

2. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    However, as sn2hotty pointed out, if you just get one icon/notification per account, for a total of two icons/notifications, that should be normal. You can always turn off notifications for one or the other.

3. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    as I have said after every new release this is the best ss rom by far! used TiBu to restore apps with data and no issues. used TiBu to delete all bloat I don't use and have no issues. new led settings format is very nice! Thx Chevy

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. bigeric828

bigeric828 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    had to start from scratch, but now i'm happy i did. It was real sluggish just installing over 5.4 but its great now!. thanks Chevy!!!

5. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know if Solid LEDs have been fixed in this version? I've yet to find a Gingerbread ROM where they will stay solid. All of them so far blink LEDs even when set to solid. Its the one thing keeping me on FroYo.

6. IIIT3III

IIIT3III New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know how to "turn off" the Screen off CPU valve feature? I accidentaly selected a value, and now can't get rid of it, my phone running 125MHz always when the screen is off will cause some missed calls/messages I'm sure.

7. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did your friend ever find a solution to this? Curious because it doesn't look like anyone else is having this issue. Strangely enough, when it happened to me with Project Elite, for some reason I decided to try and reboot after getting the error, and lo and behold, the phone rebooted into PE with no apparent problems, and the ROM was pretty stable. After I got the error with SS 5.6, I decided to try and reboot in the same manner, and it didn't work- I got stuck in a boot loop. I tried it first without wiping, and when I got stuck in the bootloop, I rebooted into recovery (Clockworkmod), and wiped following GurLuvsDroid's method in her post, up to Step 4 (I don't restore apps via Titanium anymore, except for data in a few apps after everything settles down following ROM installation), from this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html

After wiping & trying again, I got stuck in the bootloop again. So, I restored my 5.5 Nandroid backup & will stay with it for now. Oh well!

8. bdub33

bdub33 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No i tried a few things like wiping and stuff and it still aborts when it goes to install the kernel. I even tried flashing it in both clockwork and rz recovery. Same error

9. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, was just curious. BTW, I also tried re-downloading several times from the other mirror sites provided, with the same error. It has become a quest to try to get this to install! LOL

10. hellomcfly

hellomcfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you could set the screen off value higher. i do think 125 is a little low - i usually set it at 250 - but you can set it as high as your kernel allows.

11. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    very nice!

im loving the centered status bar clock option & the 1% battery increments!!

so far very smooth, snappy and quick

12. lepa71

lepa71 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it works. I have 125-1000 kernel and I tried to set screen off to 250, but i get error and defaults it to the lowest 125.

Search tags for this page
chevyno1 ss 5.6 download

simply stunning 5.6

simply stunning 5.6 download
simply stunning 5.6 rom
simply stunning 5.6 themes
simply stunning rom download

ss 5.6

ss 5.6 (2.3.7)
ss-6-ut-7-2
ssd 1-gb-5.6-update.zip