SS 5.5 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Fakecharles

Fakecharles Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the blue tooth lady. Yes I wiped. Yes I ran the script. Yes I rebooted.

2. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Have you tried the blue tooth/dsp toggle in Chevy's scripts?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. Fakecharles

Fakecharles Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes. I was able to use it in 5.4 but not 5.5.

4. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Oh, ok, I don't have Bluetooth but I know the option is there.

5. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I got a small bug. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it/has it.

When you use the Notification Power Widget to toggle "Mobiledata," if the "Mobiledata" is off, the 3G/1x icon still remains on the status bar. It must be a ROM issue because I installed this ROM from the ground up. I tried changing the themes, but that didn't fix it either, so I know it's not a theme thing.

Other than that one tiny thing,

the ROM is so effin' fast. Switched from PE v6.5, the difference is unreal. Keep up the great work Chevy. :D

6. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    i never used this script but heres a few possible reasons for this that i can think of off my head. you never allowed it on superuser to use root. maybe, you have a system app that is needed for your system- for example you must have at least 1 launcher on your rom at a time. just reboot and try again.

worst comes to worst- delete the apps with titanium backup or root manager.

7. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep got that same thing here, but it never turns green again so its not connecting there just isnt an animation set for when mobiledata is turned off I guess?
    And this rom has been the fastest and the battery has lasted the longest out of any other rom I've used, I wanted to try the latest CM nightly and the last froyo CM nightly but I don't want to go through the 10 hours of setup again if the backup fails for some reason..

8. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, that's exactly what happens. Atleast I'm not the only one. :p

I know right? I wanted to try CM 7, but just got settled in with SS, and am loving it. Why bother?

9. rleejr79

rleejr79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help w/ Bluetooth Issue

I am having a problem with the Bluetooth in 5.5. I have been using the Motorokr s305's (stereo BT headset) on my D1. I used 5.4 previous for a while and had no issues. For some reason, as soon as the BT connects to the phone for audio and such (as it can answer calls too), my left speaker has noticeable static prior to launching Rhapsody to play music and in between songs. I rewiped and reinstalled 5.5 and it was still present. I thought that my headset may be going bad but tested it with my Ipod Touch 4g and the problem does not occur. I don't want to go back to 5.4, but does anyone have any ideas? I also saw where wifi on may have caused issues but it is off when I am outside running and the static is still present.

*Update1 to Post* - The static occurs before I select to turn on BT on phone. This is when I am running outside at the high school track. I though maybe there would be interference with the audio equipment from the stadium, however it does not occur if I leave my phone in the car and take my Ipod Touch. There is something I believe between my phone and my headset after 5.5 install. Still out of ideas.....

#189 rleejr79, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  10. remicks

remicks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wifi cuts in and out constantly :(

Edit: Seems to be dhcp only, static ip works like a charm. Possibly kernel related? Will test dhcp on another kernel and see how it goes.

#190 remicks, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  11. mjoshea148

mjoshea148 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's there. Thought I was experiencing same problem - but real problem appears to be the default volume that begins w/'speak now' - it's even lower (barely audible) when compared to prior iterations in Gingerbread. To confirm, after you get the 'speak now' screen prompt, ratchet up the bluetooth volume and you'll see what I mean.

UPDATE: 7:29PM I stand corrected. Used bluetooth voice dial today and it worked fine...better than any GB roms I've played with. Wonder if it was the BT headset that had problem and not car kit I normally use.

#191 mjoshea148, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  12. Smitees

Smitees New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having an issue where my statusbar is only displaying a 'g'. No 3 or 1 preceding it. Tried reboots and clearing out cache. Causing cellular to not to connect to forum, Netflix, Pandora.

Search tags for this page

bubo bubo

heap size

lewis hamilton