SS 5.5 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. jplyler

jplyler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wireless tether not working my computer wont even find it now

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Occasionally after receiving a call while tethered on 5.4 I get this, and am able to fix the same way, set to airplane mode, wait for icons to disappear (sometimes have to lock/unlock before this happens) an then turn off airplane mode. Brings back data and voice connections.

3. MTuning

MTuning Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried all versions of wireless tether but my Xoom just wont get online while it was working on SS5.3, no big deal as I have data on it. just an FYI.

4. jplyler

jplyler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Found out xoom doesn't support the adhoc network that wireless tether puts out simple fix root ur xoom and apply a adhoc.zip I found on the forums and now works great with my xoom! Such a brave sole rooted the first day I got it.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

5. MTuning

MTuning Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Connecting the Xoom via Wireless Tether using its bluetooth option works w/o rooting prior to SS5.5

6. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On your phone freezing with the camera have you tried clocking back to 600mhz. I know this made my camera usable in the past. At least the video part. Also I have had issues with lockups using heavy apps such as camera, nav, and maps when I run the ulv kernels. If you're using a ulv kernel try a lv our mv kernel. hope that helps

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid.

7. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Did you try to hit forget for the wifi router, in the wifi menu screen and then scan and try to connect.

Also if you aren't, maybe try one of Chevy's Kernels.

Been lucky with wifi, but there are people on every current ROM out having wifi issues.
    It may be a sign of a bunch of OGs on their last leg or something deep down but it doesn't seem to be hitting everyone. Same thing just started happening to a buddy on last weeks MIUI while I was able to connect without problems.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs

8. JSP0421

JSP0421 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Contacts disappear

Randomly all of my phone contacts will disappear. They do not get deleted from Gmail and the next time my phone syncs with Gmail it re-downloads them. Any ideas?

9. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I searched this thread for music and didn't see any hits...Is anyone having trouble playing any of the music on their sdcard they were previously able to play??
    I have 10 complete CDs on my 32gb card. I can play music that has been downloaded from other sources but these "legit" files won't play.
    Sorry the player does not support this type of file is the error message.
    .wma

ALSO
    Am I losing my mind or something else. If you chose one of the home replacements as default, how do you change to give you the options again???

thanks in advance :)

ChevyNo1 ROCKS...I mean ROCKS HARD!

10. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I didn't think the stock music player ever played wma (windows media players default format)
    You can try using a different version of the music player though (Google music 3.0) or even try something like tunewiki that also displays lyrics as the song plays

As for changing the home launcher go to manage applications and go to your current default and hit the clear defaults button

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
    Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    honeycomb 3D theme
    19.8 linpack score

11. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I read somewhere that Froyo had wma support, but then it was gone in Gingerbread. Don't hold me to that, though. What rom did you come from previously? Also, you could just convert your wma to ogg, unless you have another device you use for music that doesn't support ogg, in which case it would be silly to keep multiple copies of the same files around. I use PowerAmp for music. Full version is 4.99, but it's well worth it.

12. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Or just use something like iTunes on your computer to change them to the most universal audio format...mpeg3...as much as I dislike apple, iTunes works great for converting songs...I usually copy any new songs I download on my phone to 128kbs MPEG3 (mp3) for convenience and to improve quality a little (if its a lower bit rate) or to save space (if its a higher bit rate) if I can run iTunes to convert my whole phone music collection of 1800 songs, you should be fine (ALL of them at one time took a LONG time though lol)

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
    Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    honeycomb 3D theme
    19.8 linpack score

13. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. :heart:

I was trying to avoid anything extra. I have been using GB ROMS since I rooted in July with the exception 1. My last ROM was the SS 5.4.

tcyree...when I read your post, I'm trying to think if I've not played any of those files since rooting, but I find that hard to believe, so now I'm not sure... :blink:

I hadn't updated the music player because of something I had read in the comments, does anyone else use it, seems like you all have different apps for that.

14. Auslegung

Auslegung New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Camera doesn't play/pause, Lockscreen gestures,

Is the camera button only designed to work with the earlier stock music app? If so, that stinks.

Lockscreen gestures don't seem to be nearly as responsive as they were when I was using CM. I have used the same gesture over many updates with both CM and SS and only now have had to put the gesture in multiple times. I have changed my current gesture several times thinking maybe the initial drawing of it wasn't accurate, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

When my phone reboots and the screen is blank again, the four buttons on the phone are still lit up. I have Titanium Backup set to run at 0400 and to reboot after backing up, and when I wake up in the morning a few hours later the buttons are still on. Also, my shutter makes sounds when the phone reboots, which I think is a subtle sound to tell you your phone is ready, but I'm afraid my shutter is getting used unnecessarily.

I can't get logging to turn on. Even going Settings->ChevyNo1 Tools->Options->Turn Logging On, and then rebooting doesn't work. aLogcat is still blank when I run it.

Those few minor annoyances aside, this rom is perfect. I was getting soooo frustrated with CM that I started shopping around and stopped as soon as I found SS. Thanks a million, Chevy. I'm very tempted to get a Thunderbolt when I upgrade just so I know you'll be developing for it, but if the new Nexus comes to Verizon....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  15. Auslegung

Auslegung New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Google Music

I like the Google Music app, 3.0+ To me it's much nicer looking than the old one, more usable, but it is slower. That's the only issue for me. Whoever said Froyo supported .wma but GB doesn't, I'm pretty sure he's right. I had 3 CDs that were in .wma, didn't even know it, but sometime this spring/summer when I tried to play them they wouldn't play and I figured out that was about the time I updated to GB and/or Google Music. I assumed one or the other was the issue.

Search tags for this page

bubo bubo

heap size