SS 5.5 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. JSP0421

JSP0421 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Loss of service

I encountered this on v5.4 and was hoping that v5.5 would fix this. About once a day I lose service all together. The phone shows one bar, however, I cannot use the phone signal until a reboot.

2. Psychlone

Psychlone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update on my USB plug issue - turns out it's not a USB bug, it's a power switch bug.
    Currently running 5.4 without issue, but any time I install 5.5, my power switch at the top of the phone becomes unresponsive. I've gone through every possible setting I can think of, but nothing is out of the ordinary. I've even switched a few settings off and then back on just to see if something was stuck, but no-go.

For the record, there's been nothing wrong with my phone since it was released - this phone is one-in-a-million that gets 3 days of light-moderate usage on a single charge, can run ANY kernel without any problems, and can easily overclock to the highest kernel available. Never had a problem with basic functionality at all until this strange power switch thing that I thought was related to USB... probably though that because the phone was plugged in most of the time right after flashing to the new 5.5.

Any ideas? Works fine on 5.4, so I suppose I'll stay right here unless someone has any ideas I can try...

Psychlone

3. evander

evander New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The wifi cuts off and then back on. Seems to be while something is downloading. Also Launcher pro wont stayed locked as the main launcher, its random it seems,but also happens everytime when i reboot the phone!

4. tinashe.gilbert

tinashe.gilbert New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been using the navigation in 5.5 and happy to say that my OG has not frozen, rebooted or simply killed the navigation. This has been a pain in all the OG port of gingerbread that i have tried. Looks like you solved it Chevy. Well done!

5. Bro Duran

Bro Duran Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to be able to get back to dsp after toggling the bt voice. Any recommendations? i've toggled the script several times

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. Snowshoe7

Snowshoe7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't acess sd card

Installed 5.5 over 5.4 , Droid really cookin! I did find one minor problem....can't acess SD card with usb to computer. The pull down status bar says' USB connected to computer, when I click on it I get
    The application Status Bar process com.android systemui has stopped unexpectedly Please Try Again. Force close, any ideas ?

7. FastKatt

FastKatt Member

Ratings:
    +1
  8. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry didn't see it. Sourcery was able to do it on froyo, not sure if its different but maybe you could get some ideas from that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

9. Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WIFI Dhcp keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Im having problems with with wifi DHCP, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting around every 4 minutes, someone found a fix for it Gerrit Code Review but hasnt been merged to cm, was wondering if something similar could be added to SS 5.5, besides this i love the ROM, very impressive!

10. jengas kahn

jengas kahn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Launcher2

blurry stock launcher.

the launcher from any of the recent GPA roms doesn't have this problem, even if used on other roms.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  11. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Had that same problem. You have to download the apk file of the app and download it manually. And it actually IS compatible when u install it. The market is just acting up.
    Check ur inbox

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  12. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Does anybody know how to fix this extremely frustrating lag? The first day I installed SS 5.5 it ran beautifully and super smooth. Then over the next few days it started lagging hard. This is what keeps me moving away from SS. Even though I love the rom, it starts to lag really hard after the first few days and I can't understand why or how to fix it. I reboot and clear cache daily, but it still lags. Can anybody help me out?

Running SS 5.5 stock, with stock kernel and stunning blues theme.

13. FastKatt

FastKatt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Will do, thanks!

Swyped on my Droid, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!

14. ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After using 5.5 for a little bit, other than the WiFi issue where the SSID is not broadcast (still the same problem as 5.4...phone freezes into unusable/non-responsive when connecting to a network where SSID is not broadcast), I've noticed a periodic problem...

Every once in awhile, either on a call in, or call out, either I can't hear the other party, or they can't hear me. If I hang up and return the call, it will work fine.

During one today, I had placed the call and it worked fine for about 10 minutes, then at some point, they could no longer hear me, but I could hear them.

I had the same thing pop up a few times in 5.4, but thought I would update to 5.5 before throwing this issue out here in case it was fixed in the newer version.

15. kmagameguy

kmagameguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have this exact same issue, as well as super frequent 3G and Cell data dropouts. Like, my bars are almost NEVER green anymore. Super, super frustrating. On 5.4 turning airplane mode on and off used to fix it but now most of the time I end up having to do a full reboot to regain connectivity. WiFi seems unaffected on the other hand.

Search tags for this page

bubo bubo

heap size