SS 5.4 Incoming call issue...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by hitman308, Jul 30, 2011.

1. hitman308

hitman308 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, new to here and have been reading up on a few people having issues with SS 5.4 not accepting incoming calls. Best description of the problem is that the phone will ring normally with black screen. Has a delay with slide answer and upon answer it is as if mute is set and call is automatically on speaker. They can't hear me at all. Then of all things screen blacks and will not respond to touch or standby press. Have to pull battery almost everytime just to reboot. I've read where others have had a similar problem, but no one has a resolution. I'm running on stock kernal (LV 1.0ghz.) Other than that the ROM is flawless.

Any help is appreciated...

2. kmagameguy

kmagameguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using SetCpu with profiles? I've seen this happen a LOT when the phone's profile is set anywhere between 125-250mhz. If not, maybe try a higher voltage kernel (Medium Voltage).

3. hitman308

hitman308 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was using MV however ran into other function issues. Decided to use stock kernal after trying several. Using the stock governor setting too. I'm stumped

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. hitman308

hitman308 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump for some more perspective

5. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had this happen only one time, while I was experimenting with various (Chevy) kernels and voltage levels, but my max clock speed was never set below 550MHz, and min was never set below 250MHz. I've never had the problem when running the 800MHz ulv kernel.

6. hitman308

hitman308 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now I'm trying the highest Max speed (1100) and lowest at 550. Have made controlled tests with house phone and wife's cellphone and haven't recreated it. However it happens so randomly its hard to determine.

*update*

Have had no issues with this setting. Seems to have done the trick. Phone runs like a dream.