SS 5.0 and wifi\data question

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Baconstrip, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Baconstrip

Baconstrip Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I just recently installed SS 5.0 (after using SS4.4 for like, 7 months!) and I am currently loving it!

There are a few things I have an issue with, such as my widgets redrawing when I change to landscape (even with heapsize, compcache, and the terminal fix), but they are mostly very minor.

One issue I do have is that when connected via wifi, my 3g data still seems to be active. My office gets incredibly flakey data connections, so when I get here, I turn on wifi. unfortunately it seems like having wifi on isnt removing my 3g data like it did in 4.4. I'm still getting intermittent "loss of data connectivity" warnings even when Im running the wifi.

Is there any way I can turn this off? I have a dock in my main office so battery drain isnt a problem, but when I go elsewhere without good data connection, I like wifi to turn it off so it doesnt suck my battery trying to connect.

Thanks!

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    If you are referring to the 3G icon still showing - that is covered in the bugs list. However, I have done speed tests with wifi on and both icons showing - it clearly is in wifi mode based on my download speeds. I do not believe 3G is also active - just the icon

3. Baconstrip

Baconstrip Member

Ratings:
    +0

I would think the same thing if I wasn't getting the "You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data.... (cant read the rest) popping up intermittently. Just the same as it would if I wasnt on wifi.

I definitely think programs and such are using the wifi as my speeds are totally great. But it still seems like the phone is trying to connect to 3g.

Eh... not a big deal really! Just was wondering if there was any options related to this.

Thanks for the quick response!

Search tags for this page

wifi and data icons popping up when wifi is on