1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SS 4.8 No fb/twitter sync options?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Ossian, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Ossian

Ossian New Member

Just installed SS 4.8, and restored titanium backup settings from my pre-Simply Stunning setup.
    Under "Account and Sync" options, both my facebook and twitter accounts do appear, but they say "Sync is off".
    When I click on them, there are no checkboxes to select to turn on Syncing.
    Even when I remove and re-add them, I can log in successfully, but it won't let me sync.

Anyone else experiencing it? How to fix?

EDIT: Added screenshot to show what exactly I mean by "no checkboxes". Literally no checkboxes.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. MTuning

MTuning New Member

I did not get the exact situation but I had issues with my facebook account disappearing from the list on every reboot. Did you restore older versions of facebook and twitter?
  3. Ossian

Ossian New Member

I restored the current, most updated versions of both FB and Twitter apps, that were installed on my "rooted stock ROM".

This morning I am also seeing that even my Google account is not successfully syncing.
    The checkboxes are there, but it says the last successful sync was 9pm last night, even when I attempt to force-sync now.

This is pretty much a dealbreaker on SimplyStunning. If account sync won't work, I can't use it.
  4. Ossian

Ossian New Member

Quick update on this one:

I tried out BuglessBeast, and I had the same issue with no checkboxes, and Google not syncing properly in Account & Sync.

So I suspect it is a problem with restoring too much data with TitaniumBackup.

In that case, I might give SS another chance.
    Will update here if/when that happens.
  5. Ossian

Ossian New Member

Tried again, with a different "restore" option on Titanium Backup.

Unfortunately, same problem.

I think what I am going to end up doing is sticking with the "rooted stock rom" that I know works, and just install one of ChevyNo1's overclocking kernels on top of it. Seems the best option for me, I don't have more time to fiddle.
  6. devator22

devator22 New Member

Why don't you just not restore your sync settings? There's really no reason to restore them, it takes like ten seconds to set up sync on a clean install, and everything's good.
  7. Ossian

Ossian New Member

That may or may not be the underlying problem (unless someone can tell me the same thing happened to them?), and unfortunately the only way to pin down the problem of "you restored too much" (if that is even the problem, which is still just a good guess) involves constantly restoring a whole nandroid backup and redoing the TB restores.. which is both time consuming and probably not healthy for the flash memory.

I don't absolutely need the customization features of SS, and can get a close-enough equivalent to performance improvements by just replacing my kernel and running setcpu.. so that's what I'm going to try for a while.

Maybe in a few days/weeks I will be willing to make one more attempt at ROM replacement.
  8. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

Have you gotten past this issue yet? I have had no such isdue, but I did no wipe prior to installing 4.8 and therefore no restore was needed...my suggestion to you (if you still need help) is to reinstall 4.8 (perhaps even re-download 4.8 first) as long as you are running a froyo rom you should not need to wipe, but of course backup first ;) your sync issues should be repaired as the rom will be fresh again, and you should be good to go... I haven't had the issue, so I can't test my theory, but I've fixed similar issues this way before...

Well whatever you do- good luck! I hope it works out for ya- SS4.8 is too good to miss out on!
  9. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Don't know if this is the issue, but DO NOT restore anything with TiBu that is colored red.
  10. Ossian

Ossian New Member

Unfortunately, the very first thing I tried, before all of this, was to install SS48 without a wipe. And that put me into a boot loop. (The pretty blue electricity would start dancing, then pause, then I would see DROID again, repeat forever)
    So then that's why I tried (4 times now) installing SS48 by wiping first and restoring from Titanium.
  11. Ossian

Ossian New Member

This could be it.
    If I try lucky number 5, I will take it under advisement.