SS 4.8 - More Statusbar Options - Music Controls Incl. BT

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Sep 23, 2010.

1. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

So it's your fault! LOL. Thanks. I figured it out now.
  2. KsKnightmare

KsKnightmare New Member

downloaded as soon as i saw it oon here. so far its fantastic, only problem is it rebooted twice, so im going to drop to a lower kernel and see if its any better. but over all SS 4.8 is awesoem! good work Chevy!
  3. tmac7607

tmac7607 New Member

Downloading now. Looks like a long night of experimenting with SS. Got to see what is new. I know it is good it always is. People always commenting good things on Chevy's roms. I have no complaints because these roms are 10 times better than stock. You pay these ridiculous phone bills. Got to get are money worth with top notch custom roms. Chevyno1 rates number one in every category. Which is smooth, lots of updates and fixes, looks good, lots of features, and developer responds promptly to just about everyone's response. What a developer!!:icon_ banana:
  4. gan777

gan777 New Member

I do not see a new bkapps in the 4.8 directory, use the one from 4.7 still?
  5. MrSinister1

MrSinister1 New Member

Is there any chance of getting the Dark Transparency theme that was featured on droid life for SS4.7 or does anyone know if this theme will work with 4.8 its a sweet theme, thanks. Great work Chevy
  6. skabio

skabio New Member

Can't get the upgrade from 4.7 to 4.8 to work. Tried first with out wipe data/cache and I got FC over and over. Recovered and tried again but I did wipe data/cache and it worked fine until I needed to plug in the usb. Phone would not boot with USB connected just kept rebooting. Guess I'm back to 4.7 for now.
  7. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

every little detail works great. phone shake refresh internet page is awesome. snappier, and much faster overall... adw launcher
  8. rollo69

rollo69 New Member

Another awesome job Chevy... upgraded from 4.7 with 928Droid theme without a hitch. The new 1gig lv kernel seems to run as good as the 1gig ulv did for me on SS 4.7 maybe little better.
    For the fun of it I loaded Watermark'd theme for SS4.7 and it loaded and ran fine except it needed the 3g patch so went to the SS4.8 vanilla backup. Just have to wait.

Thanks ChevyNo1!!
  9. elucid

elucid New Member

Nice Rom. I've wanted to try SS for some time. Coming from UD 8. 0. Couldn't. handle the blue theme so I had to go stock (sorry just personal preferrance )
  10. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Went from CM6 to SS4.8 without wiping and all seems to be working just fine :)
  11. PoiTEE

PoiTEE New Member

I didnt wipe data just cache.. coming from ud8.. I get random reboot on boot once in awhile and sometimes when doing a reboot it doesnt goto the M just straigh into boot animation... any ideas? And also rom manager force closes after uninstall and reinstall..... Reboot into recovery doesnt work...
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  12. trmiv

trmiv New Member

Unfortunately this ROM has been horrible for me. After the initial boot and it installs all my apps things seem OK. Then I reboot and it gets through the boot animation, I see the desktop load and then it goes right back to the boot animation but doesn't display the M logo. After one cycle of that it will boot, but then I get Weatherbug, Audiomanager and Gmail force close messages. If I hook up my phone to my computer when it's booted it will reboot the phone. I've tried it on the included kernel and the 800 mhz kernel lv kernel, same thing. Mine phone has never had any issues on any ROM running 1.0 ghz lv kernels though. I'm going to give the 1.0ghz mv kernel a shot to see what it does, but if that doesn't work I'll have to throw in the towel on this one.

And yea I did wipe, many times. I've also tried installing the ROM four times now and every time it's the same thing.
  13. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Are you downloading straight to the phone or to pc and moving over? I would recommend redownloading to see if possibly you got a bad download. This happened to me with another ROM. the redownload worked fine.
  14. PoiTEE

PoiTEE New Member

Trying that now.. inititally I used the unthemed version.. i'm curious to see if that may be the issue...

Poit
  15. PoiTEE

PoiTEE New Member

Ok.. issue fixed.. redownloaded the THEMED version... no problems whatsoever... FIXED!!!! Yay! I can goto sleep now...
  16. trmiv

trmiv New Member

Unthemed version is what I was trying as well. I'm not hot on the themed version though, but maybe I'll try it.
  17. Crf450r420

Crf450r420 Member

Wow,

Been running for 2, maybe 3 hours now. Camera works, everything works, and it's shocking how fast and smooth. Should have been a sleep at least an hour ago, but can't leave it alone.

(Edit) should have added. Installed over 4.7 with no wipe. Was surprised that ADW needed to be reinstalled, but no big deal.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  18. trmiv

trmiv New Member

Redownloaded the unthemed version again, same issues. I knew it before I even entered my Google info because it will reboot the second I connect it to USB. Downloaded the themed version, and that works fine. Something must be wacked on the unthemed file.
  19. otter34

otter34 New Member

says it's going to take 35 minutes to download on the computer. No thanks :-(
  20. geoffwhite18

geoffwhite18 New Member

Aww man. What happened to all the cool stuff like the cool icons from 4.7? When I pulled down my status bar there were a bunch of ss logos that came down and the icons were awsome. The signal indicator was awsome. What happened to all that good stuff?
Search tags for this page
mod music control status bar gb
music control on status bar google music
music control options in status bar android
music control status bar android

music status bar android

ss status bar
ss-7b-vder-4.8 rongeng
status bar music control in android