1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SS 4.8 Installation Help

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by HyperBRUIN, Sep 28, 2010.

1. HyperBRUIN

HyperBRUIN New Member

Hi ChevyNo1. I am dying to install your ROM, but I'm having a problem. I've utilized ROM Manager to download and install SS 4.8, and when the phone reboots, it gets stuck between the blue lighting X and "Droid". I've also tried installing 4.8 using ClockWork pushing the option, "Install /sdcard/update.zip" instead of "apply sdcard/update.zip". I never saw "deprecated". Not sure if that's supposed to be there. I downloaded the file on my phone directly, renamed it to update.zip, and moved it to the root of my sdcard. Oh, and this was the NoThemeSS4.8.

I don't know what to do. Should I wipe? Your directions state that to install without wipe first. Thanks in advance!
  2. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

I'm not chevy but I would suggest trying to wipe then install
  3. HyperBRUIN

HyperBRUIN New Member

Ss 4.8

Well the new question then is, if I wipe then install, and I don't like it, if I restore with my nandroid baackup, will everything go back to pre wipe and rom install?
  4. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

Yes I believe so.
  5. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

dude! after that thread last night, and you're still using RM and not wiping??! ;)

did you try this (from his website)?? 3. IF you have issues with not wiping - install bkapps.zip into your old ROM, run it, wipe, install SS4.8, rstapps. This applies REGARDLESS of which ROM you are coming from.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010