1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SS 4.8 Installation Help

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by HyperBRUIN, Sep 28, 2010.

1. HyperBRUIN

HyperBRUIN New Member

Hi ChevyNo1. I am dying to install your ROM, but I'm having a problem. I've utilized ROM Manager to download and install SS 4.8, and when the phone reboots, it gets stuck between the blue lighting X and "Droid". I've also tried installing 4.8 using ClockWork pushing the option, "Install /sdcard/update.zip" instead of "apply sdcard/update.zip". I never saw "deprecated". Not sure if that's supposed to be there. I downloaded the file on my phone directly, renamed it to update.zip, and moved it to the root of my sdcard. Oh, and this was the NoThemeSS4.8.

I don't know what to do. Should I wipe? Your directions state that to install without wipe first. Thanks in advance!
  2. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

I'm not chevy but I would suggest trying to wipe then install
  3. HyperBRUIN

HyperBRUIN New Member

Ss 4.8

Well the new question then is, if I wipe then install, and I don't like it, if I restore with my nandroid baackup, will everything go back to pre wipe and rom install?
  4. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

Yes I believe so.
  5. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

dude! after that thread last night, and you're still using RM and not wiping??! ;)

did you try this (from his website)?? 3. IF you have issues with not wiping - install bkapps.zip into your old ROM, run it, wipe, install SS4.8, rstapps. This applies REGARDLESS of which ROM you are coming from.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010