SS 4.7 Singal

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by treefrog20012003, Sep 1, 2010.

1. treefrog20012003

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I started using custom roms I have been through just about all of them so far. I always ended up back on BB due to having a signal issue with the rom. I know everyone says that the rom has nothing to do with signal but this is just not what I have seen. BB was the closest to stock based on signal up till now. I have had Killer Signal since I started using SS 4.7. I don't know what is different but I have the newest baseband installed now and it flies! I can make calls from in my house again and I don't think I'll use another rom.

2. kyle94481

kyle94481 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool story bro.

3. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah I am in the same boat...I rooted and waited a few days to put on a custom rom. Since I put on SS 4.7 my 3G/Phone signal has increased where I had to use my WiFi to use the data side of my phone and newtork extender for phone calls. Now the unrooted stock baseband and SS 4.7 baseband are the same but whether VzW did something to their towers near me or its SS 4.7 I am thinking SS 4.7 is the key dancedroid.

Great ROM....

4. treefrog20012003

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know why is different in this rom but my vzw signal and my wifi signal are killer. I still use the wireless extender and my wifi ( I am spoiled by wifi speeds) but don't really have to have it. I did notice though that the battery drains fast and am working that out now. Still love the rom and now we have orange!

5. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I can tell, ROMS have no bearing on signal. That is purely a baseband issue.

6. treefrog20012003

Ratings:
    +0
    That is what I keep being told but I have been through the whole set of basebands from 2.1 to the newest 2.2 without better service usually. I still think that there is something to this but don't know what. I now have a Verizon wne just to get service on a stock rom, always had poor service, but there is a difference for me. It could just be my phone since it does not affect everyone. But I love the options on custom roms and how much better they run so I don't think ill give up soon.

7. wesblake

wesblake New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Treefrog, did you say you using the latest baseband? The one from Pete (...43P... or something like that)? I am using SS4.7 but have been afraid to update the baseband due to many saying they have worse signal with the new one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. treefrog20012003

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the latest baseband - C_01.43.01P. It does seem that in one way it is weaker but the speed boost on Verizon's network was noticeable. I have used all of the basebands available so far and this one has the best speed. Considering I have horrible service at my house and had to get a WNE, I thought using it was an acceptable loss as it was only about half a bar to one bar loss. If I use any rom and then apply a theme using SPRecovery, specifically the orange theme, I lose about two bars of signal. That I cannot explain.

9. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The basebands will get you different effects in different areas. If you are on the newest baseband but live in an area that doesn't keep the newest info on the towers, you get worse signal and lower speeds. The only thing I have noticed with my phone in different areas is the newest basebands work better inside the city. I guess those towers are probably kept more up to date. I could tell right away at work and school after I updated, but I still see no difference and a crappy signal at home.