SS 4.7 Launcher Pro

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by bigee1212, Aug 18, 2010.

1. bigee1212

bigee1212 New Member

These are the settings that have gotten me the best performance with Launcher Pro, so far no redraws, even with changing orientation and full screen apps.

Install Launcher Pro and use chevyno1 scripts to remove Launcher2.

Use these settings: (grabbed from launcherpro forums)

Try this, Settings>General Settings, check (keep in memory) check droid hack if your on 2.1 if 2.2 leave it blank
    then, Settings>behavior settings, un-check (enable auto rotation) your apps will still auto rotate but your home screen will not.
    next, Advanced settings>Memory usage preset (Moderate), check (use home screen caches), home screen cache type (compressed) Check (build caches as needed) uncheck (clear caches on exit) check (prevent force closes.)

And last go to spare parts and change the two animation options to slow.

Also, I re installed the kernel I am using (1 ghz MV) and I am not sure if this has contributed to my launcher success, but worth mentioning (setcpu 1 ghz max, 250 mhz min)
  2. jim1974

jim1974 New Member

I haven't messed with any of the settings and I'm having zero redraw right now.
  3. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Yeah, I'm going to see how it goes for me for a while before changing anything, otherwise I won't know if I even need it to improve, or what the difference would be if I tried the changes.
  4. ecfiffer

ecfiffer New Member

m'eh i'll give it a go... dont think i'll dig the slow animations...
  5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

I wasn't having redraws (yet) with 4.7, but went ahead and changed the settings per above. We'll see what happens! I'm not going to change the animations though.
  6. DeckerForceUSA

DeckerForceUSA New Member

I had some redraw issues with launcher2, switched to adw.launcher and rebooted and been running fine ever since. 4.7 for the win.
  7. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

With ADW Launcher no settings need changed. No redraw what so ever, fast/fancy animations, very very smooth scrolling and awesome response.
  8. Fault

Fault New Member

I'll try these settings and report back. Not a fan of the home not rotating, but if I see a difference I'll keep it I guess

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Fault

Fault New Member

Anyone know if there is an app that will just let me change the dock bar? That's all I want, I don't care about anything else

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Well I just spent an hour switching to ADW.Launcher (market version) and tweaking everything out. Removed Launcherpro. I tried and tried and tried to optimize LP to stop the redraws and thought I had it several times, but they always come back. ADW is missing a couple minor things over LP (I liked LP's dock options and the ability to hover an icon over the trash to uninstall), but if my redraws will be gone now that is MORE than worth it and this launcher pretty much has all the other bells and whistles. We'll see.
  11. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

What are you trying to do with the dock? And hovering to un-install works...

edit: If your trying to use the other action buttons go to ADW settings>UI Settings then uncheck Desktop Dots, scroll down and enable Secondary Action Buttons.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  12. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ah you're right, hover-uninstall is there. I guess I tried it once real quick and messed that up.

The dock... well I figured out disabling the dots and having the four permanent shortcuts, that was the important thing to me. But I didn't see any options for picking a different or custom dock background, nor does there appear to be alternate app icons. I liked the look of LP's glass dock background, with the transparent shortcut icons. Not a big deal though.

NO FRIGGIN REDRAWS SO FAR is what I love, and I will keep ADW forever if that continues to be the case!!
  13. Abadus

Abadus New Member

Switched to ADW because of this thread. No redraws yet and LP was doing it all the time.

I really like LP's scrolling dock over the way ADW has the swipe dock. But I would rather not have re-draws.
  14. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

I could not run SS4.7 on my phone all that long (various issues), but the little I did I did not get any redraws using LP with TONS of home screen widgets. You should try tweaking the LP settings again ...
  15. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Full day using ADW now and NO redraws. Makes me wish I hadn't spent all that time trying to tweak LP over and over and over. No minor advantage LP has is worth dealing with those redraws. And ADW has a few cool little things that LP doesn't.
  16. syst3merror

syst3merror New Member

this is the ONLY thing I have problems with on my phone....but I'm sure it's my fault for using apps2sd. I'm running ss 4.7 with the 1.2 ulv kernel and EVERY time I restart the phone, the icons never load for the shortcuts I have on the "desktops" and if I go in to youtube and watch some videos, I get a redraw and it takes like 10-15 secs. for everything to show up on the screen (ADW Launcher)!

I have the same problem with just about every single launcher out there....and I swear I've tried them all. Stock launcher, ADW, GDE, Launcher Pro, Helix, etc.
  17. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

Same prob, no matter what launcher I use I have redraw almost every time. Wish there was a fix. I don't know what these people actually are doing if they say they don't have the prob.
  18. trol1374

trol1374 New Member

I've seen some that can't run the ulv kernel. Try lv 1.0 and see if that helps.
  19. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

Sorry should have said what im runnen. I'm using the lv1ghz. and i get the redraws like crazy.
  20. trol1374

trol1374 New Member

So much for all created equal. I don't seem to have those issues using it.