SS 4.7 - FASTER - More Statusbar Options - Music Controls ++

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Firstly I must thank my beta testers (RichStevenson, y0rk, FSRBIKER, JMTownsend83). In addition, y0rk has really come up with some nice icons for 4.7 :) And of course, hosting has again been provided by Rich :).

Secondly, PLEASE read the release notes as listed below before asking questions. Here they are:

0. Yes, this is on Rom Manager, and all links (including kernels) are current

1. Try NOT WIPING, and just installing SS v4.7. This is regardless of what ROM you are coming from.

2. IF you have issues with not wiping - install bkapps.zip into your old ROM, run it, wipe, install SS4.7, rstapps. This applies REGARDLESS of which ROM you are coming from.

3. ALL of my scripts are now in ChevyNo1 Tools

4. It will take MINUTES for a complete boot, whether you wipe or not, so be patient. What appears to be a bootloop may in fact not be. IF it jumps back to the M logo, you have a kernel issue. In this case download another kernel, either lower speed or different voltage, reboot to recovery, and flash.

5. IF you install a theme that has not been made SPECIFICALLY for 4.7, you will lose the Tools. services.jar has been HEAVILY modified, as well as Settings.apk.

6. IF you touch services.jar or Settings.apk in any way, you risk losing Tools, or breaking stuff altogether. Modding any apk with png's only should be fine. Also OK to mod are the status_bar*.xml files in framework.

7. Any tools you have used in the past (ie. colorChanger) that modify services.jar will likely no longer work as the codebase has changed ala me. Although I don't think you'll have a need for colorChanger any more. Let me know if I've missed something.

8. Titanium, the old Alarm Clock and QuickOffice are included, but disabled by default. Enable them in Tools.

9. IF you install the Droid2 MT Keyboard, it will replace the stock keyboard. Choose wisely.

10. IF you get FC's on apps after install or restore - run the 'Fix Permissions' in Tools, that likely may clear it up.

New Stuff

Again, most of the effort went into Tools. The highlights:

1. Screen lag on any of the launchers should be improved! That being said - I really do recomment another launcher. I'm partial to ADW - ADW.Launcher v1.0.1 standalone Application for Android | Productivity, VERY small memory footprint. It is also now an option in RM, which also installs an 'mvadw' script. If you DO use another launcher, use my tools to DELETE the stock Launcher2 (it will back up to SD). Otherwise, it will still take resources even though you don't run it.

2. You can now control your tunes (Media Player, Pandora tested) while the screen is off! Longpress volume up/down to skip tracks. Camera shutter (hardpress) to pause/play. I did NOT add graphical controls to the lockscreen.

3. Google fix for Pandora (all streaming AAC) included - this is NOT the hack that disabled stagefright; this has FIXED stagefright

4. Ability to change the carrier text to whatever you want! Should not affect any other apps.

5. Now when you 'delete' system apps, they are backed up to SD. So just in case you want it back .. you can get it back :)

6. rstapps has had a few fixes - you should see no FC's while restoring, or much less than the past. Also, there is a fix to prevent future market update errors (ie. insufficient storage).

7. Extra low dimness now available. Check out Settings -> Display

8. OTA patch capability - yet to be tested (on YOU ;))! I can now push out updates to all phones running my ROM. Everything EXCEPT a full ROM update. That is better left to you or Rom Manager. But any other updates, including patching APK's, I can now do automagically :):)

9. Chrome To Phone now included

10. Bypass lockscreen option added in Tools

11. MORE things to hide in the statusbar - alarm clock, cell signal, 3g signal, battery, adb, usb. I have heard you all ask for being able to customize images themselves. I will get there ;)

12. All options (ie scripts) selected in Tools are remembered, at least until a reboot.

13. More theme options, by y0rk! - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/73533-theme-wip-3-new-colors-more-come.html

14. I'm told I don't promote this enough - you can change pretty much ALL colors in the statusbar, ON THE FLY. No reboot, no xml hacking.

As you can see, I've been busy!

Existing from 4.6:

0. CPU Temp Monitoring is back in my kernels! :) (THANKS Dustinmj)
    1. Screen Orientation controls remain
    2. LED options (color choices) have increased. In addition, you can now keep the LED flashing while the screen is on, just like 2.0.1!! I know many people missed that when Eclair/Froyo came along.
    3. ALL of my scripts have been moved to Tools. If you don't see one, let me know. No more terminal!
    4. Pretty much ALL of the statusbar can be modified via Tools now - no more tools needed to modify services.jar or framework-res.apk! :) This includes color options for date, clock, notifications, ticker, carrier, etc.
    5. Wi-fi tether app is no longer included but it can be downloaded from the market
    6. Support for CIFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 has been pulled. It (somehow) was causing my kernel bootloop issue.

Known Issues

1. After rebooting after rstapps, you may not sync the first time until you go into Settings, turn off then on Auto-sync.
    2. After rebooting after rstapps, your first download from the market may not start. A quick reboot will solve this and it will never happen again.
    3. Some may get a Google Talk sign-in error after rstapps. Even if the app is DELETED, it still fails once on every reboot. I am looking in to getting rid of it. I believe it is buried in the accounts file somewhere ...

THEMERS - Grab just services.jar, framework-res.apk, and Settings.apk here: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.7/themers-only.zip

Now for the links, and some screenshots:

Pandora - Glassed & White Pulldown Text THEME (apk not included, installed as update.zip) - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.7/Pandora-THEME.zip

Flash 10.1 (regular APK install) - http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/misc/com.adobe.flashplayer-3.apk

SimplyStunning 4.7 Goodies - Index of /froyo/4.7

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  2. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    reserved-10char

3. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    10char-reserved

4. jeston

jeston Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :D Thanks, ChevyNo1!!!

By the way, I updated from 4.6 via ROM Manager with no wipe and everything is working perfectly! Thanks again, you rock!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow i just loaded UD7.0 and now im thinking about trying this :D

6. JBPruitt

JBPruitt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the music selection in the screen shot lol...

you are not told this enough... you are awesome!...

also in your droid-life interview when you said you want to be known for your support...

You are!... you have the best support out of anyone i've seen... keep it up!

7. rcfx

rcfx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow this really is great looking and smooth! Setcpu is force closing on me so I'm trying to figure it out...everything else is running real good. No wipe or cache clear, booted up very quickly, all apps and most widgets there. Wow! Thanks for the great work!

8. Kanibull

Kanibull Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. techRob

techRob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Of course, now that I'm in bed and minutes from passing out.... ;) Thanks Chevy! I will be playing with over my vacation this week :)

10. BushBandit

BushBandit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the middle of downloading Lithium when I seen 4.7 was up..... Quickly cancelled that and started on 4.7, can't wait to check it out.

Simply Stunning are the only roms I have tried and was just about to check out another when you dropped 4.7.... Oh well, I have been extremely happy with yours so why change anyhow.

Thanks much for your work, it makes me enjoy my Droid so much more and some what justify my rediculous phone bill. Me and the woman both have the Droid and even though we have unlimited everything $252 a month seems insane for 2 phones, but we enjoy them and I guess it isn't bad when i think back to my Cellular One days......

BTW, I too am a Chevy fan, mainly the FBody(heads and cam LS1), second only to being a huge turbo regal fan...... Love making those viper owners cry from getting walked on by a 23 year old, tank of a GBody with a lil' ol' V6

11. tkimball00

tkimball00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im running 4.7 now and have a question, now i have wifi on but wifi icon and 3G icon both are on, usually 3G goes away when wifi connects and same the other way, now it does show wifi connected and i don't care that much but id like to know which is actually being used. or is there a simple fix, ive done the turn on and off or reboot or whatever any one see the same??

12. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +72
    Can't wait to get this running! When I firts rooted SS4.4 was the only ROM that ran on my phone without issue; I don't know why I strayed from 4.6 but I'm coming back :D

How do I install bkapps to my current ROM? After the d/l do I have to move it somewhere? And the command is. "bkapps -c" right?
    Appreciate the help! <------------- NEVER MIND!! Figured it out!

13. jville95

jville95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to be a noob, where is the dl link? :sad:

*edit: found it.

14. Boofster

Boofster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 3G/1x icon does not go away after WiFi is activated....is that normal? It used to be either/or....

15. jville95

jville95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOVE IT!! Nice Chevy!! :)