ss 4.4 problems

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Jam2it30@gmail.com Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just put SS 4.4 on my phone from SS 4.3 (none of these problems on SS 4.3), and I completely wiped and restored with BKAPPS -C and RSTAPPS -C. First, I realized that Setcpu wasn't there on my home screen. So I thought, wow how strange, everything backed up perfectly but Setcpu. So, I go into Astro, and I navigate to where Setcpu is and Hit it, and hit install. I get an error message saying "Out of space Setcpu could not be installed. Free up some space and try again." I go thats really weird... and am like... fine, so I go into settings---> SD card & phone storage and it says that I have 53 MB of space free. Then I go into the market and install 4 random apps to see if they install. They all install PERFECTLY! Would there be a reason that Setcpu is acting up and it is saying that there is no space on my phone?

Also if I go back to SS 4.3, Setcpu is installed and still works.

Edit: Also, I tried to see if it was just Astro acting up but I installed another application from it perfectly.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    This has been covered in the OP for 4.4 as well - when you restored, did you see SetCPU in the list of apps being restored? If so - any errors?

Can you look back in 4.3 for me and tell me where SetCPU is, ie is it in /data/app, or /data/app-private? Or some other location?

3. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0

Alright... I was watching RSTAPPS closely, and I do not think I saw Setcpu.

Just now, I went into the folder where BKAPPS stores the backups and I saw Setcpu in there and I clicked it and hit install and it installed.... but when I open it and Hit the profiles tab it force closes, and every other tab works fine

Also would you still like me to go back to SS 4.3 to see where Setcpu was?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Well now that you've got it installed - run rstapps -p (fix permissions). Then it should run.

Hmmm .. not sure why rstapps is missing it ... what is the full name of the apk you see in the folder?

5. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    I got it to work, and the full name in the folder is "Setcpu_2.01"

6. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just for future reference, if u go under installed apps when this happens, you'll see a file called like com.something, and the something will be related to the app that isn't working. Just uninstall and reinstall from market or apk. Had this happen with swype several times. Best of luck, I'm going to try 4.4 now

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

7. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually another problem I just noticed is that when I go to market and go to downloads nothing shows up. But my history in market is stil there. Would there be anyway to get that back so I can get app updates?

Fixed I updated a app that I knew had to be updated manually and they all show now. Very strange

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  8. snauve

snauve New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone freezes up when trying to do more than one task. It gets very hot (120 f) and will not come out of standby, soft keys light up but no screen.

9. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my setcpu would not update from the market either after doing a bkapps -c and a rstapps -c in ss4.4. just uninstalled, and then reinstalled and all is well.

10. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Granted i'm using a different ROM, but I was having the same memory issues.

FWIW - uninstalling the .com."whatever" process and then installing the APK again fixed the problem.

Search tags for this page

ss ultra 4.4 rom list download