SS 4.4, Camera issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by kenjunior, Jul 13, 2010.

1. kenjunior

kenjunior New Member

Getting weird camera oddities..........

Alot of force closes and VERY lethargic picture taking.

Anyone else?

Oh, man, AWESOME Rom. I will take the camera issues for a while, this Rom is GREAT!

KJ
  2. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

Nope, my camera app is working great :)

This is probably a silly question, but did you wipe data and cache when you installed 4.4?
  3. Trav06

Trav06 New Member

I've been experiencing similar issues. I just switched from the 1.1ghz ULV to 1.1ghz MedV to see if things stabilize.

EDIT: ...and I wiped data and cache 3x
  4. brochaos

brochaos New Member

just installed 4.4 today. a few hours later, tried to take some pics, looked like it was working okay, but the little preview gallery window never updated, and wouldn't even take me to the gallery when i clicked it. turns out none of the pics saved, then the phone started slowing down and things were crashing. restarted phone, and all seemed ok. also plugged it into my computer, when it connects it says my SD card has errors, so i let my computer fix it.

however...when i had stock 2.2 frf84b, just a few days earlier, the video camera crashed after recording a 3min+ video. i then had the same symptoms i had with ss4.4. so it's not necessarily a SS problem.

once the camera app FCs, i only get "cannot connect to camera" unless i restart the phone.
  5. brad r

brad r New Member

I had this problem on SS 4.3, and before I went to 4.4 I wiped data and cache 5 times and I no longer have that issue.
  6. brochaos

brochaos New Member

i switched to sapphire and i still have it. thought it went away the first day or 2, but now it's back. after the first pic, it is sluggish to save and then focus for the next pic. then camera FCs.

is 2.3gb of pics a lot? i'm gonna try moving my pics out of the main folder...
  7. Abadus

Abadus New Member

Humm good point I have the same issues. Wonder if it is too many pics. I will have to test that out soon :D Thanks for the suggestion.
Search tags for this page

my droid 4 wont connect to camera

why cant my metro android camera connect