SS 4.3 Patches - Market - Annoying 'Hotspot' Icon

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rstapps

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Does it reset at the same spot every time? Haven't heard this one yet ...

3. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy...i'm having a strange issue here since installing the patch last night...

I noticed my Droid became sluggish, and I checked the Task Killer (Xscope) to see what was bogging me down...and even after I killed everything except Xscope itself, I had only 23M Memory Available... generally if nothing is running except Xscope, I'll have 90-100+M available...
    So I rebooted, and the problem went away, but then today I noticed the sluggish behavior again, and it was the same problem...so I rebooted, and it's running normal again with 93M...I don't know what's causing this to happen...any ideas?

in case you need the info, I updated from SS4.2 without wiping (no problems until the patch), I'm using the standard SS Theme (very awesome!) and my launcher is LauncherPro...

oh, also, alot of talk about the Pull-down bar reading "Simply Stunning" and I must say I thought that was awesome! your Rom should be branded, you know?

4. kastein

kastein Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have redownloaded this several times and even tried through rom manager a couple more times and still have the wifi icon....only thing I haven't done is wipe because I really don't want to set everything back up again.....any ideas??....using the blue energy theme.....tried downloading no theme and applying theme seperate as well as complete themed rom

5. Big4ce1

Big4ce1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I still do not have the correct predictive text working after applying the 4.3 patch.

6. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, I gotta say, all in all, SS 4.3 was working much better for me before the patch...now I really can't get any use out of my phone...and I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth either, I totally love your work, it's just that this has my Droid all frozen up...

Does anyone have the update.zip file from before the patch? that one worked fine for me...

#66 NattyBee, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  7. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Chevy this is the first time I've used one of your roms and I am very impressed with the speed and look. maps, tethering, flash, market, just about everything seems to work well. I wiped before install and kept the stock kernel. That said the only thing that's bugging the stew out if me is that the BT hands free calling does not work. It worked on several other (dare I say inferior) roms, so I don't think it's my phone. Can you offer any advice?
    Thanks in advance,
    Robert

#67 bigdad63, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  8. englishbob

englishbob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just loaded ss4.3 and it looks very nice with the kernel 1.0 low that you suggested but for some reason I have no connection to the internet anywhere round my house but I used to get the 3g icon and very quick connections before with 4.2 any ideas ?

9. roberj13

roberj13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems like the link on rom manager is pre-patch still, I pmed chevy to let him know, if you get the download from the blue energy page in the themes section it should work fine.

You will need to install fresh copy of ss4.3, apply patch, then apply blue energy from my page.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. tmac7607

tmac7607 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevyno1 I like all your roms whether there is a issue or not. The only thing missing in your rom is the terminal emulator app. I hate re downloading this to use bkapps/rstapps. This is a hassle when when changing your roms and other things. Other than that you have the best rom out, also all kernels work good that is a plus.

11. JBPruitt

JBPruitt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The terminal Emulator should be in the Dev Tools app...

If that's not there just go to the market and get the Terminal Emulator from there...

I think the only one of Chevy's Roms that hadn't had it by default was 4.0

12. markwebb

markwebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Likewise, I DL'd today, July 4th and lost predictive texting.:icon_eek

Edit: Works with Android stock texting input method; not Smart Keyboard. Will check a setting. All working now. Don't really know what the issue was but everything is fine.

#72 markwebb, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010