Squidly 2.3.20.2 Rom

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im testing now, are you using a task kiiller? It may be the native task manager killing it. Thinking its an empty app. Ill let you know my findings.

cellu1

Reaction score
Im testing now, are you using a task kiiller? It may be the native task manager killing it. Thinking its an empty app. Ill let you know my findings.

No task killer or anything like that installed.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I know there was conversations about animations....but I was wondering is there a way to get the screen off animation that closes like a tv.....? Its on the new gingerbread build, and wondered if it could be pulled from it~

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just pull anim folder from framework res havent tried it but it should work fine.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just pull anim folder from framework res havent tried it but it should work fine.

lizard

Reaction score
I thought we had a request thread at one time, I can't find it so i'll ask here. Hey Squidly do you think you could give us a quick way to screen off without using the power button? GScript, notification bar, or a zip to say change out the button on the power bar that toggles bluetooth. I've read somewhere that android prevents apps from sleeping phone. Can you script it to sleep in GScripts or power phone off in GScripts. Two things about my phone make me kringe, plugging in and unplugging that dainty little usb, and constanly turning my phone on and off with the power button. I've been waking it up with the keyboard and testing an app that turns my sceen off. Thanks for all your hard work.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

No task killer or anything like that installed.

Ok been testing a full 24 no problems so far i've done multiple reboots etc to try to have a problem nothing.

cellu1

Reaction score
Ok been testing a full 24 no problems so far i've done multiple reboots etc to try to have a problem nothing.

Ah crap. Now to decide if I want to live with this or start all over from scratch and try to ID the problem on my phone.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its still fine I have all 3 on my phone ; I will keep them on and if a problem arises notify you and try to figure something out but so far so good

cellu1

Reaction score
Squid,

More info, I occasionaly get soft reboots when I unluck my phone. My last soft reboot caused my widget issue, but I don't know why. I have the hapticless lockbar installed. I'm guessing if I fix the reboot issue my widget issue goes away. Any suggestions?

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It sounds like Music.apk is not in system/ app check that it is, but that sounds like your problem to me.

cellu1

Reaction score
It sounds like Music.apk is not in system/ app check that it is, but that sounds like your problem to me.

Its there, but I have it frozen using Titanium Backup. I use Power Amp for my music and was running into issues with the headphone jack..(stock player kept coming on when BT or headphones got plugged in. Froze it and all is well). I will unfreeze it and see how things go for a bit.

Update: defrosted Music app, rebooted, widget disappeared. Checked settings/apps and not listed as a downloaded app, but was listed as running. The widget settings remain in the app tray, but the widget itself is gone. So strange.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
If u don't use it delete it~ it wont cause any issues if u do, and frees up some memory in ur system folder. I've deleted 150 mbs worth of stuff, signed them and installed them into the data folder and my phones faster than ever~

And there's that titanium word again.....titanium has been causing alot of issues for alot of people on more than this rom on droids across the board. Im thinking titanium is evil~

But that's just my opinion~

Last edited:
OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Music is a system app and that is the cause of your reboots promise reset it and see what happens now that music.apk is back and reboots are solved.

I still have the said problem apps without a problem on my phone since last week.