Squidly 2.3.20.1 stock squidly and full blur

lizard

Reaction score
Before installing your rom I backed up my contacts by exporting them to the sd card . When I installed your new rom (stock) I lost most of my contacts. A few were left but some of them didn't have all of the info. When I try to import them back I get the msg. "No VCard file found on the sdcard". Can I still somehow transplant this info back to where it should be? Im having same problem with batt mgr FC as others. Im waiting on full charge to wipe batt mgr data, run battmanfix, and reboot. Can you help with contact issue. I know it was addressed earlier in the thread but I have some contacts and im not sure if I really read a fix in there. Otherwise I love your ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Make sure your signed into gmail and resync also on the top of contacts make sure it says all contacts. Your contacts aren't through exchange right I've heard of issues with that that is why I recommend backing up to sd, I don't know why it didn't save though.As for the battery manager let it collect data and the data you want to clear is batteryreport its hit or miss a total pita even stock fcs

lizard

Reaction score
Make sure your signed into gmail and resync also on the top of contacts make sure it says all contacts. Your contacts aren't through exchange right I've heard of issues with that that is why I recommend backing up to sd, I don't know why it didn't save though.As for the battery manager let it collect data and the data you want to clear is batteryreport its hit or miss a total pita even stock fcs

The when I retraced my steps, I realized on the first install a failed to mount data. When I first started reading this thread it sounded like some other people may have done the same thing and missed it. First time around I didn't have gscripts either then paid more attn. Second time. Wondering if I could still be paying the price for that error. Also I noticed your last post to me was nine something this morning. It just became avail on my phone a half hr ago.

lizard

Reaction score
Also ninety percent of lost contacts, were phone contacts, not gmail contacts. For what that information is worth.

lizard

Reaction score

Gmail updates fine. And no my contacts are not through exchange. Not sure what you mean by sign in though. I refreshed from the menu while in my inbox. I have recd. Several e mails today. I can't remember where it was but I saw one screen where there were three things to check regarding gmail, on of them being sinc gmail contacts. I checked all three items regarding gmail. Thanks for all the help. Its not like im a business man or anything so its not killin me. Kinda sucks though, lost over 100 contacts. Let that be a lesson to you guys out there. Read, read, read some more and pay attn to the minutest of details. I plan on sending you a donation, very nice features all through this rom.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back to you I screwed my phone up early in the morning and was stuck at work. Go to my accounts and gmail uncuck the 3 and resync everything if that doesn't work try wiping.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im constantly working and since I don't have a test phone my phone pours out smoke alot lol

Dustin.

Reaction score
If you need someone to help you test Squid, I'll be more then happy to help you out. I've got a spare D2 that I test ROMs and Themes with.

Did testing with Kejar so I know what to look for and I know what I'm doing.

PM me if you want some help bro, and I can hit you up on Gtalk if you have it.

lizard

Reaction score
I decided to just put the numbers back in the hard way from scratch, well half of them anyway, don't much care about the rest, they were just somewhat convenient. As far as battery manager goes, I pressed the battery for like five seconds just to see what would happen and now its working. I have not had any other problems. Thanks Squidly for the rom and help.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks I checked out Kejars rom looks cool its nice that there are some rom options out now

Dustin.

Reaction score
No problem bro, and yeah ever since I got my X I've been trying to get more ROMs out for the D2 so other people could enjoy some of the amazing X ROMs out there.

Which is why I dedicated my D2 for testing purpose and stuff.