squidly 1.0.1 update 1 bug fixes added scripts you spoke I listened

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I dont have anything themed yet because Ive been working on making the roms I have flawless and the fastest out there.I fixed the calender,and added a script to get blur back in the mix for those eho need a calender widget you can now switch music apps stock or music mod ,changed text Icon too added music,launcher2,blur calender,and stock mms app to your sdcard for easy switching by a script.Install as a zip just mount system first and enjoy .You should Install over a stock rom but if you do not I tried to make all provisions tyo make it work ,if you get any force closes go to manage apps ,all go to the app that fc'ed (ususally gmail)and clear data that should work .Ive spent a week perfecting this here are my scripts to install busybox (must be done) from terminal or adb type su busy thats it now the scripts..
ads -b -e
adwlauncher -rm -cp hotspot -rm -cp zipalign_apks
amazon -rm -cp launcher2 -rm -cp
apps2sd lwp -rm -cp
blurcal mms -rm -cp
bmanager -rm -cp office -rm -cp
browser -rm -cp sound -d -e
busy spareparts -rm -cp
calc -rm -cp switchboot
carhome -rm -cp switchlwp
cpuinfo switchmms
email -rm -cp switchmusic
fixperm swype -rm -cp
genie -rm -cp tips -rm -cp
godmode vvoicemail -rm -cp

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
http://rapidshare.com/files/422061826/squidly1.0.1update1.zip mirror

http://www.mediafire.com/?v1hg0052qqj7qgqhttp://www.mediafire.com/?v4di91c2k354152
I added 4 more scripts googlecal blurcal weawidget deskgoogle and all apps in my scripts will save to sd if you change your mind
Here is the link please enjoy if you need a calender widget run blurcal script just remember to zipalign after modifying /system/app thanks
Install as a zip through clockwork also deodexes so you can run over a stock rom

if you like my work please donate [email protected] paypal

edit protected apps in market fixed if you ran one of my themes it is already fixed had a brainfart didnt update the rom sorry

Last edited:

hendrixj92

Reaction score
when i try to download it tells me theres no servers available with the data on them. if you could set a mirror up itd be helpful. im really lookin forward to trying this update out

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ugh mediafire im at work now can't fix till i get home.

hendrixj92

Reaction score
ya they pretty much suck for being that way. get to it whenever. ill be waiting to test

hendrixj92

Reaction score
Ok so i loaded it up right after you mirrored it, and may i say, holy crap. the level of custimization you allow with the scripts is unreal. everything works GREAT. swype works (unlike on some other roms). i only have one question. when i ran Blurcal it reinstalled the motoblur home. i use adw or launcherpro (depending on my mood) so having it reinstall that is pointless for me. is there a way to seperate that script? or does the calendar widget need the motohome?

btw quadrant scores are lookin better than ever. averaging about 2200

Found one thing that needs to be addressed: both mms programs dont pull the contact picture of the person your txting.

Last edited:

wmnomore

Reaction score
So haven't rooted my d2 yet. coming from a rooted d1. is this rom worth it?
Is this smooth and problem free?
thanks guys

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it wont pull the contact picture ive been trying things to make it but its built into blur if i find a fix ill let you know and the calendar widget needs blur to work its built into blur framework

hendrixj92

Reaction score
it wont pull the contact picture ive been trying things to make it but its built into blur if i find a fix ill let you know and the calendar widget needs blur to work its built into blur framework

i figured about the calendar widget. but it doesnt seem to be actualy running. so its fine. but ya the contact pics is about the only thing this rom needs. the rest is absolutely fantastic

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the only way to have a contact pic in texting is with stock blur thats it tried everything they wont sync pics data but no pics

to go back reinstall conversation.apk and bluremailprovider.apk

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Boy do I have a surprise for you guys I just did something very very good working the bugs out wait till you see this . will post up tommorow if all goes well testing

hendrixj92

Reaction score
Boy do I have a surprise for you guys I just did something very very good working the bugs out wait till you see this . will post up tommorow if all goes well testing

Im SO excited!! this rom has brought my phone to an amazing level of awesomeness. cant wait to see the future of it.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This will change the droid 2 world. Its very pretty in multiple colors