Squeezing the Last Bit of Life Out! (X-Post Due to Wrong Section)

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by hscai, Feb 22, 2012.

1. hscai

hscai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, joined as a last resort.

Lately, I've been having problems with my Droid. I'll provide some background information before going further.
    Model: Droid
    Android version: 2.2.2
    Baseband version: C_01.43.01P
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1
    Build number FRG83G

The phone is rooted. I uninstalled most third-party applications to test if applications were the problem. None of them were. (I only have about eight foreign applications.)

Now, here are the problems.
    1. This is the most annoying thing. Screen does not turn on when I want it to turn on via the lock button. I have to turn it on and off two times, and on the third time, it will finally turn on. That is, on, off, on, off, on. I know the difference between on and off because the screen does get lit, but it remains black. Likewise, when I turn on the phone, none of the graphics show. Though, it does turn on; the phone will boot and the back-light is on. Thus, I can not get to the boot menu either. This is especially annoying during calls. Since the proximity sensor turns the screen off, I would have to lock it and unlock it multiple times to see the screen again during the call. (i.e. automated phone, checking other information, etc.)
    2. There is an update available (FRK76). I know doing the update will probably unroot my phone. However, I would think doing this might solve my problem. I cannot update it! One, the screen is off so I can't see anything. Two, when I did get around the screen by luck and selected update.zip, it said the file cannot be founded!
    3. Sometimes, I don't get calls. I've had people call me, but I don't get anything. I don't know if the phone is at fault here, or the network. This I can ignore for now, unless it's linked with the first problems.

The solutions I have tried:
    1. Reset.
    2. ROM backup.
    3. Hard reset.

At this point, I think the best thing to do is to reset everything complete. I don't know if that's a good thing to do nor how to do it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. hscai

hscai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since nobody replied, may I ask someone to point me to a link or something so I can flash my phone with an original ROM? Something so I can at least update to FRK76?

EDIT:
    Preferably with command input on the computer. I can't see my screen at boot, so I can't see any boot menu or any input.

3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +609
  4. hscai

hscai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That solved it! Thank you!

EDIT: No it didn't. Not at all unfortunately. :( I was however able to update to FRK76.
    EDIT 2: Since I still cannot view the screen upon boot, I am unable to root. So another question is, can I root without accessing the recovery menu on boot?
    EDIT 3: Upon luck, I stumbled to find that the phone retained Wi-Fi network information prior to the new ROM flash. Does this mean that I messed up, or does this mean the phone stores the information on the SD card?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
Search tags for this page

root droid frk76 without computer