squealing in callers ears?

Veedo

Reaction score
I've been having some complaints from people I am talking to about a random, loud, high pitched squeal coming from my moto Droid. Everything sounds normal on my end. From their reactions, it must be very unpleasant. Anyone heard of this?

Red Tornado

Reaction score
When I had my storm - occasionally I would hear a squeal after I dialed a number - and now it is randomly happening with my droid. Strange - but it squeals just as it is dialing the number so I am the only one who gets to hear this awful sound!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe I've heard a squeal. Probably once. Nothing that I thought wasn't anything other then some connection problem or something like that.

OP
V

Veedo

Reaction score
im not the one hearing the squeeling, the callers are

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Huh! Funny how they all have defective phones.:icon_ devil:
Just kidding. Have you tried any of the phone fixes. There is one where you dial ##Program and send, pass word is 000000 and you pick the choice on the bottom. If you try this and anything happens to your phone please don't blame me. Or have you tried just dialing *228 option 2 and updating your PLR's?

dkelly701

Reaction score
I hear a high pitch whine on my end sometimes. I have never asked anyone if they can hear it and I have never had any complaints from anyone. It is very annoying on my end. I have adjusted my voice codec to 13k. EVRC-B is not compatable in my area.

OP
V

Veedo

Reaction score

Huh! Funny how they all have defective phones.:icon_ devil:
Just kidding. Have you tried any of the phone fixes. There is one where you dial ##Program and send, pass word is 000000 and you pick the choice on the bottom. If you try this and anything happens to your phone please don't blame me. Or have you tried just dialing *228 option 2 and updating your PLR's?

i have done the *228. i will try the ##program right now. maybe its a defective droid. ive had it since around december. no one complained when i first had it, but lately everyones *****ing about me blowing out their ear drum.

OP
V

Veedo

Reaction score
##program didnt fix it. brought it in to the verizon store, they said they need to push an updated prl to the phone? will take up to 24 hours to take effect. i have no clue, i guess we shall see!

imoniz

Reaction score
My Dad told me the same thing today when I was speaking with him from my droid. He's been the first person to tell me this though

OP
V

Veedo

Reaction score
well, droid is still squealing at people. verizon is sending a new droid, so i will try swapping it out. hopefully the new one is squeal free.

katiepete

Reaction score
loud squeal in peoples ears...

I was on my 3rd Blackberry Tour and still having the problem of my phone squealing in people's ears....I can't hear it, but it is very loud and annoying to the people I am talking to. This has been going on for months now and Verizon cannot figure it out....they just keep sending me a new phone. I finally switched to the Droid in hopes that it would solve my problem, but it is just as bad with it. I'm beyond frustrated that they cannot seem to fix the problem. They act like they've never heard of anyone else having this problem. I've spent hours on the phone with the tech people, had a ticket turned in and they still can't figure it out....they just keep sending me new phones which is, obviously, NOT solving the issue!!! I've always been happy with Verizon and have been with them for many years, but will not stay with them if I can't get this problem fixed...I don't want people avoiding talking to me on the phone because it hurts their ears....my phone is a huge part of my business! I have a San Diego phone number, but it seems to be happening all over the place so it's obviously not just an area issue....I'd love to find a solution to this problem if anyone knows of anything.

ysitincoach

Reaction score
Here's VZW's answer to my same problem in the Akron area

I've been having the same symptoms for a VZW BlackBerry Bold in the Akron area.

Reported the problem first in July 2010, then in February 2011, and now in April...no solution.

They insist it's not a device issue, but it's their network..."hear me now?"

Here's their tech reply:

"Here is a bit of background info on the Issue. We identified the root cause to an Software (CODEC) on the Switch, and the Manufacturer (Ericsson) delivered a correction in the software that was applied on the Serving Switch Akron2 on 2/27 ... From the marked calls it would seem that the software does not fix it completely .. "

So, as of yet, they do not have a permanent fix.