Squaretrade cell phone insurance????

jrl9851

Reaction score
I am looking at insurance now since I plan on rooting my phone and came across squaretrade. Looks like a pretty good deal..

$144 for 2 years coverage and they also have this:

Cancel anytime and get the unused portion of your warranty price back. Cancellation within the first 60 days will receive a full refund. Cancellations beyond 60 days receive a pro-rated refund.
Additionally, you can transfer your warranty anytime at no charge. All accidental damage claims (e.g. drops, spills, and water damage) are subject to a $50 deductible.

Anyone have this?

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I am looking at insurance now since I plan on rooting my phone and came across squaretrade. Looks like a pretty good deal..

$144 for 2 years coverage and they also have this:

Cancel anytime and get the unused portion of your warranty price back. Cancellation within the first 60 days will receive a full refund. Cancellations beyond 60 days receive a pro-rated refund.
Additionally, you can transfer your warranty anytime at no charge. All accidental damage claims (e.g. drops, spills, and water damage) are subject to a $50 deductible.

Anyone have this?

I am a long time Squaretrade customer and would buy one again in a second, if I could. Sadly they don't sell them in WI anymore. :mad:

n2_gordon

Reaction score
Ensquared Phone Insurance VERSUS SquareTrade (response)

In response to the comment on SquareTrade below here are pertinent responses:

Comment: I am looking at insurance now since I plan on rooting my phone and came across squaretrade. Looks like a pretty good deal. $144 for 2 years coverage:

Response: This is for two years of accidental coverage only. It does not cover losing your phone or if it is stolen. Ensquared offers a 2 year program for $45 less over 2 years but include Theft and Loss. On this alone it is no contest

Comment: Cancel anytime and get the unused portion of your warranty price back.

Response: You obviously don't realize this but Square Trade for the $144 premium offer a total claim limit of $599. Every claim you make reduces that claim limit by the value of the claim. With a Droid phone you will be lucky to get in more than 1.5 claims before the $599 limit is absorbed, which of course makes nonsense of the two years (may all be gone in one claim in the 1st week). By contrast Ensquared offer you three independent claims over the two years for accidental damage, lost or stolen - each claim having a limit of $1000. Again no contest. Far better coverage, more claims and nearly 5 times the $ limit if you elect Ensquared

Comment: Cancellation within the first 60 days will receive a full refund. Cancellations beyond 60 days receive a pro-rated refund.

Response:
Ensquared deductibles can go as high as $75 but may often be lower (as low as $35). Considering that there is Lost & Stolen in the Ensquared mix but not the SquareTrade mix, the $25 deductible difference (at worst) is an irrelevant item when looking at Square Trade versus Ensquared. Simply put: For less money at Ensquared you get comprehensive coverage that will last the 2 years, VERSUS SquareTrade: More premium for half baked coverage that you will be lucky to see out in one year let alone two.

Anyone have this?