SQL Query APP for specific database

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Toast, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Toast

Toast New Member

Let me start off by saying no...I do not know how to code in java, xml, or even CSS... Not only do I not have the time I dont know where to even start so thats why I'm posting this topic : )

I'm looking for someone to make me an APP that just pulls information from an SQL file and displays the results. To give you guys an idea as to what i want to do visit Auno.org - Item Database - Search.

Now here's the thing. I don't know how much work is needed to do such a thing but I can help out as far as how the layout should look and also create the image resources needed. Unlike all you coding prodigies out there my gift is graphic design. I also cant pay for the development of this app. If it's a hit we can discuss about pricing it on the market place(will be always free unless developer wants otherwise) but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.

If this app gets made I can do all the DB updating and maintaining. The database gets updated every so often so I can take that responsibility.

Thanks!
    -Toast
  2. Toast

Toast New Member

hmmm no-one at all?
  3. Russell

Russell New Member

I'm not a java dev either. I do a bit of light PHP and have several database/Joomla websites.

My suggestion to you would be to create a web page hidden somewhere or password protected. Then a quick PHP page to display the information you want to be able to view.

Lot less development and it still works well. Would that work for you?
  4. Toast

Toast New Member

well a php page is a start. i was looking into doing that a year ago but couldnt find anyone to develop the script for me. I actually prefer to start with a php page (hidden or not) so that at least I have something to start with. Would you be able to do that?
  5. silverx10

silverx10 New Member

Though it's prolly not what you're looking for, I'd like to recommend you look into Dreamweaver as far as getting the website design underway. It lets you specify connections to databases and all that jazz incredibly easily. There's a few tutorials out there for it, too.
Search tags for this page

droid sql

where do i find the droid sql