Sprint Officially Confirms 'One Up' Plan

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-one-up.jpg

Just a few days ago we shared a leak regarding Sprint's potential new early upgrade program called "One Up." It turns out this program is real and the name fits it well. Sprint's own Dan Hesse just confirmed the program earlier today and it truly does "one up" the competition in terms of competitiveness. Here's a quote with the details,

Starting today, new and existing Sprint customers on the Unlimited, My Way and My All-in plans, can join Sprint One Up. The plan includes unlimited talk, text and data for an introductory rate of $65 per month. That is a $15 savings from what Sprint customers pay now for the Unlimited, MyWay plan. One Up is also available for tablets starting as low as $5 per month.

"Sprint One Up is the best value in wireless. The new program gives Sprint customers the ability to upgrade every 12 months and unlimited talk, text and high speed data for just $65. And, unlike other carriers, Sprint guarantees the unlimited talk, text and data for life. No other plan can compare."-Dan Hesse, Sprint CEO

With Sprint One Up, customers (for a limited time) pay nothing down for a new phone,and make equal monthly payments over 24 months. After 12 consecutive monthly payments, the customer trades in his phone or tablet for a new one. Existing Sprint customers wishing to sign up for the plan must have an upgrade available. Through the holidays, Sprint will allow those without an upgrade to sign up for the service by turning in their current eligible phone as long as it has been owned for at least 12 months.

How many of you guys are in an area with quality Sprint coverage and would consider this offer?

Source: PhoneArena

bastosero

Reaction score
This is soooooo very tempting. I just wished Sprint would have a comparable network area size to Verizon. I would definitely ditch Big Red for Sprint.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I would, for certain. Depends on how my upgrade goes - if I can keep my unlimited plan on Verizon, I'll stay. If not, Sprint, here I come.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'm with Willy. The day Verizon kicks my unlimited I'll find something else, even if the service sucks.

missbeca03

Reaction score
I'm with Willy. The day Verizon kicks my unlimited I'll find something else, even if the service sucks.

They kicked my unlimited plan in February when I upgraded. It's awful. And now I'm having terrible texting problems since the update. I'm pretty dissatisfied right now.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
They kicked my unlimited plan in February when I upgraded. It's awful. And now I'm having terrible texting problems since the update. I'm pretty dissatisfied right now.

I paid retail to keep it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
now if only they could ONE UP their coverage..

seriously I'd be all OVER sprint if the coverage where I lived were better.

soon... very very soon their coverage will have to increase.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint and TMo would have most of us as customers here if they had the coverage. Unlocked and unbloated devices easily available with BYOD and unlimited everything at good prices? Yes, please. I only stay because I get pretty much those same prices on VZ as of now.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint and TMo will never have as good a coverage map as Verizon. You know why? Because no one want to leave Verizon to try another service. The more customers, the more resources available to make their network better and bigger: see Verizon

I think if Sprint and TMo would give us Verizon customers a free pass to try their service, they could get a lot of new customers who are weening themselves off of contract (like me).

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint and TMo will never have as good a coverage map as Verizon. You know why? Because no one want to leave Verizon to try another service. The more customers, the more resources available to make their network better and bigger: see Verizon

I think if Sprint and TMo would give us Verizon customers a free pass to try their service, they could get a lot of new customers who are weening themselves off of contract (like me).

They could do it if they had the investment necessary from outside sources. Cingular/AT&T used to rule all, but VZ built the network and took their customers. It could certainly happen to VZ as well.