Sprint Offers Note 7 Owners Free Phones

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
No I am not saying that at all. First it is alleged to be the New Note 7. 2nd we should wait for the results. Question how many Safe Note 7's overheating has been reported so far that caught fire or smoking that have not been proven false. Yes there are some bad phones that can slip through. Also there are people looking for the quick buck!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
It doesn't matter.. If 1 smokes or burns it's 1 too many. Manufactures need to be sure their products are safe for consumer use..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sorry I disagree.

That's your prerogative.

The way I see it... it's like driving a Pinto while chatting on your Note 7..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's insanity talking. IMO.
A quick check and there are probably 30+ items in my home with Lithium power supplies, any of which could by your words become a flammable issue to burn my house down. Anything is possible, with those, the wiring in the house, the brakes or airbag in the car.

Not worried or need money from Samsung.

Sent from my New Note 7
That must be what woke me up. 4 Samsung phones, 2 Samsung tablets, 2 iPhones with screens made by Samsung, an iPad with a screen made by Samsung, a set of Samsung earbuds, some spare batteries for Samsung phones
My house is gonna burn down and is gonna be Samsungs fault. I'm looking at 10 non Samsung devices in my den ,as I write this, with li-on/li-pol batteries and they are never a second thought, especially the 18360s for my vape even though there are numerous proven stories of them exploding.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's your prerogative.

The way I see it... it's like driving a Pinto while chatting on your Note 7..
Actually it's a miracle more don't smoke/explode/burn up from being bent from being forced into the shape of a hugeass when shoved into the back pocket of pants that are 4 sizes too small.
Is there evidence that the phone wasn't sat on at some point? Maybe the phone case can take that warping for a moment, but the battery can't.
Once the human factor is introduced anything is possible to go wrong because nobody can predict every possible scenario of dumbass.
I agree that no device should ever be a safety hazard but I'm also a realist.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems to me on all the threads and Forums that the biggest complainers of the Note 7 don't even have the phone.

Looking at everything objectively.

The note 7 is the BEST Android phone to date. But there are obviously an issue with some batteries overheating. Samsung is still in scramble mode trying to get in front of it but because of the press as well as the severity of the issue they are trying to patch and go. Is the issue hardware, software, or both is still to be determined.

If you have a note 7 and things are working great for you. Keep the device because it is a great device.

But to those concerned, you can not blame them. It's not like it was one phone. It was enough complaints to warrant the response given. Personally I would not buy a device where there is a history of overheating in that way. Now my thought is this is a manufacturing flaw with something other than the battery given the S7 Edge uses a similar battery and works fine.

I'm sure Samsung have their engineers working on this but feel this may be hard to get a hard fix while rushing to fill demands. This was a concern a raised in a previous podcast, that the pressure for fulfilling the recalls could result in them rushing and not fixing the issues or resulting in other issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That must be what woke me up. 4 Samsung phones, 2 Samsung tablets, 2 iPhones with screens made by Samsung, an iPad with a screen made by Samsung, a set of Samsung earbuds, some spare batteries for Samsung phones
My house is gonna burn down and is gonna be Samsungs fault. I'm looking at 10 non Samsung devices in my den ,as I write this, with li-on/li-pol batteries and they are never a second thought, especially the 18360s for my vape even though there are numerous proven stories of them exploding.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Yes, many Vape devices exploding, or apparently being used as a gun out here, all with devastating effects...
I've got many flashlights with those batteries... IMO, it's not the battery but the electronics charging or drawing from them, with a short causing excessive heat at one point resulting in damages.
As for the Vape devices, it could be guilty by association with the user

Sent from my New Note 7

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It seems to me on all the threads and Forums that the biggest complainers of the Note 7 don't even have the phone.

We get it. You're a fan boy. What are the non-owners complaining about? Safety. Yep, we are worried that someone on a flight might make it crash, or an apartment building might burn because of a faulty device. So what is wrong with that? We aren't allowed opinions because we don't own a Samsung? By that we shouldn't be able to talk about Ford, chevy, Dodge, ferrari, Subaru, etc because most don't own them either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
We get it. You're a fan boy. What are the non-owners complaining about? Safety. Yep, we are worried that someone on a flight might make it crash, or an apartment building might burn because of a faulty device. So what is wrong with that? We aren't allowed opinions because we don't own a Samsung? By that we shouldn't be able to talk about Ford, chevy, Dodge, ferrari, Subaru, etc because most don't own them either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Not saying that at all but some were complaining about the phone before the battery incident. I would say the same and defend any Android phone over iPoop! I am an Android FanBoy! I just like the Note Series over all the rest. There are a lot of questions that are coming up from what someone claimed from a news report. A report that someone claimed that the guy dropped it after charging it 80 percent and the phone cracked before boarding the plane. I do not know if it is true or not. No one knows. That is why it is wise to wait on the report. With recalls on cars people take it in to get the recalled part replaced. Some after getting it replaced had issues do they recall the whole car and take it off the road. Yes there might of been some bad phones that got through. I believe that The Majority of them are good.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not saying that at all but some were complaining about the phone before the battery incident. I would say the same and defend any Android phone over iPoop! I am an Android FanBoy! I just like the Note Series over all the rest. There is a lot of questions that are coming up from what someone claimed from a news report. A report that someone claimed that the guy dropped it after charging it 80 percent and the phone cracked before boarding the plane. I do not know if it is true or not. No one knows. That is why it is wise to wait on the report. With recalls on cars people take it in to get the recalled part replaced. Some after getting it replaced had issues do they recall the whole car and take it off the road. Yes there might of been some bad phones that got through. I believe that The Majority of them are good.

I was against the 5 and the rumored 6, which became the 7, due to a sealed battery. Add in a usb c or whatever it's called and I was more against the 7.
No need to tell anyone I told ya so but......

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I hate the Note. I'll say it. Just get a damn tablet! HAHA

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I was against the 5 and the rumored 6, which became the 7, due to a sealed battery. Add in a usb c or whatever it's called and I was more against the 7.
No need to tell anyone I told ya so but......

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I did not like the Note 5 because of No MicroSD and I complained about the sealed battery also, until my daughters S6 and S7. That made me not care about the battery anymore. I just needed the Microsd. I loved my Note 4. It worked perfect for me. So when the Note 7 came out it worked just as great as my Note 4. I use it for credit card transactions and electronic signatures. I am having no Issues.