Sprint is Likely Facing Price Hikes and Thousands of Job Cuts

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 4, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Ever since dropping to the number four carrier, Sprint has continued to struggle in its quest to gain a foothold in the US carrier market. Even after being purchased by Softbank and getting a large infusion of investment funds, T-Mobile's Uncarrier initiative has actually hurt Sprint more than AT&T and Verizon. Because of this, Sprint will be need to cut costs, raise prices/fees and will likely be forced into a round of layoffs which could number in the thousands. Here's a quote with more of the details,

Ironically, Softbank scored large profits, but only had red ink from Sprint. It's not all doom and gloom for the Now Network though. According to analyst predictions, if Sprint does take these measures, it could actually return to profitability. Furthermore, its latest quarterly report indicated that Sprint has gained customers. What do you folks think of Sprint's chances to make a comeback?

Source: Engadget

2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,073
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    And they cut the snacks too! How about the CEO take a cut in pay for a while to help?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,835
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Take out their own trash?!? Seriously?

4. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +900
    those contracted janitors are spendy.... only the janitor doesn't see the money the company contracting him does.

Sprint should just hire an in house janitor for half the price they pay the contract company.... would probably be more than the janitor makes now.

assuming of course any of this is true.

5. ninja_unmatched

ninja_unmatched New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Sprint really never invests enough into their own network. This is what leaves them in this state. So many reports of network issues. Places where Verizon seems to work but Sprint cannot yet they are both the same technology (CDMA). Other issues like customer billing and what mot happen anywhere you go when a contract plan is concerned. Then Sprint has a way of charging more regularly for their customers that have not so good credit and bought their way into a plan. Also they sort of gave the finger to their long time customers when they got rid of the silver amd gold statuses. I do know they lost customers from that one. Verizon's network just seems better for people. (We techy ppl know better that CDMA is CDMA no matter where you go) Although Verizon has supplemented the high bands of CDMA services with lower bands through several inquisitions.

I what really hurt Sprint is the time they put into the idea to integrate Nextel. Whoever decided that had to be just a business person and not so much a technology person. If you already are under the competition its not a good idea to plac alot of money into finding a way to integrate 2 different systems. Sprint should have just bought it for its bands only from the start. The signal issues that it did have (Yes the 'chirp' was cool.) have only added to the notion as Sprint as having not so great service.

Yeah Sprint is great in alot of areas I'm sure but it's not about how it is in those areas. We all know the companies focus on higher populated areas first then others while some only get what left of the signal there is. (Hey as long as the tower can reach they'll be okay right?.....)

You also cannot go by any of the online service maps either. Just cause service has been setup for a given area doesn't equate to how the signal actually is (real life) on a daily basis. I've seen the signals around go good to not so good in the same area. This is where apps like Sensorly come handy. Anyways, anyone chime in with your thoughts or experiences. I've sold for them in the past as well as other services and have been with Sprint starting with the HTC Touch (remember those :) )

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

6. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
  7. ninja_unmatched

ninja_unmatched New Member