Sprint is Going to 'Disrupt' The Wireless Industry?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sprint-logo.jpg

Newly appointed Chief Executive Officer Marcelo Claure is hitting the ground at a full sprint (pun intended). At a company-wide town hall meeting on Thursday, Marcelo told attendees that the company will be implementing "very disruptive" prices next week.
We’re going to change our plans to make sure they are simple and attractive, and make sure every customer in America thinks twice about signing up to a competitor.
With a comment like that its a pretty sure bet Big Red, T-Mobile and AT&T are going to be 'tuning' in to the announcement.

We've heard some mixed reviews about Sprints coverage. Some swear by it while others say its abysmal with dropped calls and spotty coverage. With that said we're left to wonder if a super aggressive pricing plan will be enough to get happy customers (Verizon, T-Mo, AT&T) to jump ship.

Let us know if Sprints pricing plan is "too good to pass up" will you be jumping ship? Sprint customers we want to hear from you as well. How would you rate Sprints coverage? Good? Bad? Meh?

Source: Reuters

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Sprint in my area has very good coverage... I will definitely keep an eye on this. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1060

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
TMobile will just one up them anyways. They've been doing it over and over lately. I like that another carrier is starting to change.

I however wont' leave TMobile. Sprint coverage in my area is dismal. On the other side of town its fine but not where I work or live.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Sadly it isn't about pricing for me; if I could I would've already switched to T-Mobile. VZW is the only one that works in my neck of the woods :confused:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sprint has very good call and 3g coverage in my world. I'm happy with T-Mobile and would be very leery to leave them for Sprint due to their reputation for billing troubles that only are exasperated by their call centers. As happy as I was with Verizon when bugs happened, I'm happier with T-Mobile because T-Mobile didn't close any call centers to up their bottom line then give the CEO a huge bonus shortly after.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Better sprint network = better Republic wireless service. Nobody can touch Republic's pricing.

swc2001

Reaction score
I'm gettin closer every day! until then I will be a barnacle on VZW's boat for as long as possible, And suck as much Data from them as fast as I can..... because they obviously dont like it!!

My goal is 150 Gb in one month!.... My record is in the mid 80's I purposefully just leave it on at work and let everyone one in range use it that wants to.

So Bring it on Trolls!!!! Tell me how much of a jerk I am and how I am the problem And I take advantage of what was sold to me, and how much I am an Abuser!
LOL
I will get my pop corn out and laugh!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sadly it isn't about pricing for me; if I could I would've already switched to T-Mobile. VZW is the only one that works in my neck of the woods :confused:
I'm in the same boat. Sprint credited my ETF because I moved to an area with no coverage.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sprint is useless in my area Verizon is fair unless the wind blows then so does my signal.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sprint is useless in my area Verizon is fair unless the wind blows then so does my signal.
That's why I left Verizon. Got tired of windy days .

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Has anyone had any experience with Ting?
Apparently I'm part of the 2% that wouldn't save by switching to their service, but I am interested in knowing if anyone else has tried this carrier and is saving a considerable amount of money each month.

tap'n on my S5

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
AT&T and Verizon dominate cell service in my area. T-Mobile has really good coverage, but last I checked it was all EDGE. Sprint has shoddy coverage all over, except in the middle of the next nearest city. Specifically, in the county I live in, you can only get it in the center of tower.

I wish T-Mobile would catch up and give AT&T a run for their money.

Until Verizon and Sprint move away from CDMA networks (they likely won't in the next 10 years because operating a CDMA network gives them the ability to accept and deny phones unlike GSM providers) I won't have anything to do with them.

Blue and Red need to watch out. With T-Mobile and Sprint competing with each other to see how low their prices can go, Blue and Red might end up having to play catch up.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really hope SoftBank puts some of that amazing Japanese ingenuity into the US, I'm hoping their acquisition of sprint will bear fruit and sprint will be able to start dumping money into their network, Sprint is OK where I live, just not as good as VZW... and I'm not ready to give up my unlimited with VZW even if I have to start buying my phones 6 months later from other sources. The coverage is just too good. regardless of price.

What I'm really hoping happens is that Sprint and T-mo start a huge price war that causes ATT and VZW to take notice and fight back...

If they offered more realistic data caps and stopped pushing data hungry apps and cloud storage I'd switch, until then... I'm keeping BOTH my unlimited lines.