Sprint Announces First 4G Android Phone Contest

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sprint-evo-contest-434.jpg

The only thing better then living on the edge of technology, is living it for free! Sprint has announced a contest where they will award 10 HTC EVO 4G android powered phones to lucky winners before it actually hits the streets.

In order to win, contestants will need to submit 150 word essay about what can be done fast along with answering a few other questions. Sounds easy enough right? Visit Sprint | HTC EVO "Blaze across America with 4G" for all the details.

For those interested in the upcoming Sprint Android Phones, check out SprintDroids.com and get your low user number today!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dam... sweet looking phone and I really like HTC, too bad (for me at least) that Sprints coverage here is so bad it's essentially useless:mad::mad:... going to read the fine print, maybe the prize is transferable (perhaps I can sell it to a friend).

flako3

Reaction score
I'm switching to sprint when this comes out ;) I love my droid but verizon is too expensive for me now and where I live Boston MA I got service from both providers ;) so it doesn't really make a difference besides evo 4g packs a 1ghz processor way superior then droid...and the htc incredible is nice but I like a bigger screen plus like I said before sprint is a lil bit cheaper and your eligible for an upgrade yearly :)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Dude, your bill is going to be about the same no matter which carrier you're with if you have a smartphone. I price checked each one before getting my Droid and they're all wallet raiders. That being said, looks like it'll be a cool enough phone, but not cool enough to justify switching to SPRINT! At my work we've had so much trouble with them it's made me hate Sprint and Blackberries.

Back to topic; an essay? Who the hell wants to read a bunch of essays just to give out a phone they're probably going to have to pay for themselves? lol

g8gt2012

Reaction score
That is one bad ass phone, to bad early cancellation fees are so much haha.

As for Sprint being cheaper, I almost went with them because there data is included with the voice plans. That's a $30 difference for the base package with 450 min. so 70/100 per month.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard Sprint works very well in my area (Austin), the thing that concerns me is how well it will work when I travel.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
If I read the rules correctly, you have to be a Sprint Premier Customer as of 4/21/10 in order to be eligible.....

Cool phone though.

Reaction score
This is what I want, as soon as this comes out I'm buying it and flashing it to verizon or go with sprint

Droidlicous

Reaction score
Just an FYI for everyone that wants to get this phone just for the 4G part, you might want to look and see if 4G coverage is where you are at. Its a very limited coverage. You thought ATT 3G was bad this is worse!

armeddroid

Reaction score
Sprint's Data plan is much cheaper then Verizon. MUCH cheaper.
I had Sprint with a smartphone and unlimited data plan aside from minutes on my phone.
$75 per month.
And now Sprint has any carrier calling for free.
I switched out of Sprint cause the service sucks here. But if it didnt, i would never have left Sprint. IMO, Sprints customer service is far superior then ATT and VZ. And the cooperation from Sprint on phones swapping is immeasurable.
I was a Sprint Premiere Customer and now you only need to be with Sprint for 1 year to gain that status.
Honestly, if Sprint was working was strong here, i make the jump in a heart beat for the EVO 4G.

imnotme1977

Reaction score
Good luck with the sprint customer service. I have sprint and Verizon. I work for verizon and my son's phone still carries the sprint service. Sprint works in my area, however overall they have the worst customer service I've experienced. Which is one of the reasons why Verizon can charge more. Not only do they have the best coverage, but also the best service.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Good luck with the sprint customer service. I have sprint and Verizon. I work for verizon and my son's phone still carries the sprint service. Sprint works in my area, however overall they have the worst customer service I've experienced. Which is one of the reasons why Verizon can charge more. Not only do they have the best coverage, but also the best service.

?? lol. Ok. IMO. ( in my opinion ) I did write that. Everyone is going to have a different exp. I have nothing but positive things to say about Sprint cause I never had any issues. Just when I moved and the signal was weak. That's why I switched to Vz. And you as a VZ rep, I'm not a bit surprised at your comment. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk