Sprint $69.99 plan. vzw need to take note!

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text..450 minutes.. 89.99 ..not too bad..I don't talk much on the phone...Still seems kind of pricey to me..but that's the price you pay..when you love a phone that much.. :)

Thats what I have right now, unlimited calling would be nice (or friends and family and I would just add my Google Voice number) but I never use all my minutes anyways, thats what the unlimited texting is for, haha.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I doubt VZW will respond to Sprint. Sprint has been bleeding customers for ages. They have to do something to attract new customers. Now, if at&t did that, on the other hand...

At least At&t will give you unlimited for a family plan for $30... $30 gets me one line limited to 500 and the other to 5000 (which is more than enough... but still not unlimited)...

billyidle

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how some of you think Sprint is "undercutting" Verizon, the plans for unlimited voice/txt/data are ALL 99.99 for Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T, according to their websites...

Unless I'm missing something.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
You are missing something. That's the commercials I always see on tv. I even saw it last nite during the academy awards. Sprint $69 for unlimited text, web and to calls to cell phone

butch350

Reaction score
Sprint for the year 2007-2009 Monthly phone cell $29.99
Data Plan $15.00
Taxes not included *****

Verizon 2010 Monthly Cell $39.99 Data Plan $29.99
Texting seperate, i pay for each individual message. I don't text much.

billyidle

Reaction score
Cisco, go to their website and find me that plan. All 3 carriers have the same prices for the same unlimited plan on their websites.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Billyidle, I'm sure you prob do see it on there website, but if I really wanted to I'm sure I can call sprint or go to a local sprint store and say "id like the 69 dallar plan ur promoting on the commercials I see on tv". I'm 110% sure they'll say "sure no prob", or that's false advertising

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cisco, go to their website and find me that plan. All 3 carriers have the same prices for the same unlimited plan on their websites.

They are talking about the any mobile any time plan, that only covers calls to mobile telephone numbers, if all your calls to are to mobile numbers, then the plan works in your favor, it also allows for unlimited text and web. If you call a landline (or voicemail) alot then you might not like this plan as much, seeing as it only comes with 450 "other" minutes to use on landlines and voicemail type calls. The next highest plan is 90$ (for 900 minutes). Plus you have to factor in the 7$ for insurance, so now your back up to 97$ if you call landlines alot.

It's really all Dependant on what type of calling you do.

billyidle

Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. So, am I correct in that all 3 companies charge the same 69.99 for unlimited voice/txt, and 29.99 for data?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. So, am I correct in that all 3 companies charge the same 69.99 for unlimited voice/txt, and 29.99 for data?

On the normal plans:

Verizon : Unlimited Talk & Txt = 89.99$ +29.99$ for unlimited web = 119.98$
Sprint/Nextel : Unlimited Talk / Txt / Web = 99.99$
T-Mob : Unlimited Talk / Txt / Web = 99.99$
AT&T : Unlimited Talk / Txt / Web = 119.99$

Those are the prices i got from the normal plans, not the special mobile only plan from sprint.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
No sprint unlmited web is included in the 69 bucks. Why are you continoulously failing to understand that?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No sprint unlmited web is included in the 69 bucks. Why are you continoulously failing to understand that?

My calculations and billyidles are done on the "REGULAR" plans not the new "MOBILE ONLY" plans they just came out with.

HeroNova

Reaction score
The hassle for not having to deal with sprint alone is worth the extra money. My GF switched to sprint because of the price and I don't even think she lasted a week. It was one issue after another, mostly dealing with customer service.