Springfield IL--4G is ON!

ronimous

Reaction score
Two days early! What a pleasant surprise to look at my phone after the MNF game last night and see 4G LTE at around 1am! This is seriously great news for me as I've been waiting for a long time. Living in a 'rural' area with only 1 bar of 3g coverage, I've basically had dialup for the last year and a half. Now I'm at full bars and 4G clocking at 13 down!

Divotman

Reaction score
I noticed it this morning and also was pleasantly surprised. I'm currently at work on MacArthur Blvd; 2 bars, 7 down & 3.45 up.

OP
ronimous

ronimous

Reaction score
I live out near Bradfordton Rd and clocked 13mbps last night and this morning. Now at work on the east side I'm getting anywhere from 8-13. Full bars. Awesome.

Jeffrey_Lebowski

Reaction score
I also had 4G yesterday afternoon in Santa Barbara, CA. Almost the entire county to boot. Good times. Almost 20mbps down.

OP
ronimous

ronimous

Reaction score
Before I moved here I lived in Tehachapi CA. Wonder if they'll ever get any 4g love. I think Bakersfield is lit up.

Dunny

Reaction score
Ok, so anyone else, here in Springfield, IL, experiencing random reboots since the 4g rollout? My Thunderbolt has rebooted on me at least a handful of times since yesterday.

adt1982

Reaction score
I wish they'd just do 4G all the way from Springfield to St. Louis. Living right in the middle stinks!

Divotman

Reaction score
I'm just east of Auburn, outside of town and still only 3G. Bummer.

Divotman

Reaction score
A co-worker just got his new AT&T 4G hotspot today and was testing it out. I had him run a speed test on it, he got 2 down. I ran one on my TB with the new Springfield LTE and got 11.8 down.
Their 4G is the same speed as VZW's 3G.

OP
ronimous

ronimous

Reaction score
I've been on 3G all afternoon. Anyone else experiencing a 4G outage?