1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPRecovery?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by scott craft, Jul 16, 2010.

1. scott craft

scott craft Member

A quick question: I'm trying to download the necessary stuff to root my droid. I've got the usb drivers, installed rsdlite, and downloaded SPRecovery. Do I do anything with SPRecovery like install it? I don't think I do anything else with it until I start the rooting process, just wanting to make sure. Thanks.
  2. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

SPRecovery(SPR) is a modified version of the stock android recovery image. SPR allows custom ROMs and such and such to be flashed on your Droid. You don't install this on your computer, you flash this onto your phone.
    May I ask what version of android you are thinking of flashing to? Not to confuse you but, I used DroidRootHelper when I rooted my droid, this was back when 2.1 was first rooted. It helped a lot, removed all the adb scripting... I have no idea what the root process is now, but if you want a simplified way you could try DroidRootHelper.
  3. scott craft

scott craft Member

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking about sprecovery. I've been doing a ton of reading and got a little confused. I'm wanting to get 2.2.
Search tags for this page

sprecovery