1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPRecovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jpolidore, Feb 4, 2010.

1. jpolidore

jpolidore New Member

pilotcharles is trying to help me fix a problem. I am stuck in SPRecovery, batt pull does nothing, hold down X does nothing. It continues to go to the SpRecovery screen unless I hold down Volume, Camera, and power then I reach a bootstrap mode 2c.6c and it says connect usb to program. My question is could I connect the USB and run sholesmod update.zip from my CPU and recover my device?
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

somebody on help section bit i linked him here
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

To start run a stock update.zip (i.e. stock 2.0.1 ROM). But yes, connecting to USB is your only option. Apparently you somehow either deleted or corrupted the images on the device. Best to do a Stock just to get it on there in case there is some damage or something, then hopefully you could completely return it to stock (remove SPRecovery and unroot) and get it swapped out.

http://rootyourdroid.info/guides/unroot-back-to-stock/
  4. pc747

ima guess the back to stock un root on root ur droid unroot zip file is whats needed
  5. pc747

nvrmnd........
  6. jpolidore

jpolidore New Member

Yes I think the same thing, i will mess with it in the morning. I am about to fall asleep. I am reading soem guides to flashing using my CPU but Not sure how to see these files from my CPU, wow talk about confusing..... I know CMD, dos commands etc. but I do not know which to use. hmmmm.
  7. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

JP,

I think the place you describe is the boot loader section of the phone. That one is over my head, but most recoveries do not require that.

So the first question is can you stop the phone at the SPrecovery screen. That has the android figure, with options to reboot to system, wipe data, wipe cache, mount options, backup restore and install. Yours may be slightly different than my version 0.99.2b, you may have 3b.

The second question, is this your first time through this process using the new sholes installer, or have you used sprecovery before, and made a backup file?

The third question is do you have sdk and adb on your computer?

All of these questions are an attempt to understand how you got to where you are at, and what options may be available to help. This could easily be over my head, but I can at least try and help you help someone who can help.

And the sholes folks have a section over at alldroid, don't know if you are trying to get help there?

Craig

Edit:

I see Kzi jumped in, and you are off to bed, while I was typing. Kzi's link to lou's file would be the safe way to get the phone back to stock, and is probably the best bet. The big difference to the instructions on Lou's site is that you are gonna have to use adb to push the update zip file. The short of it is:

In sprecovery, select mounting options. Select mount sd card. Now you will have to use sdk/adb to push the update.zip file to the scdard root. Once pushed, unmount sd card, back up one level in sprecovery, and try the install option.

Now I am not familiar with the sholes rom install with 3b, but you may have the option to try and reinstall through their method, or use your current sprecovery with an update file they would recommend. Or possibly post on alldroid to see if there is a mirror with their complete update.zip file.

And there is always the verizon store if you have a full blown one, where they can reflash your phone.

Craig
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  8. jpolidore

jpolidore New Member

Craig thanks for all the help, The postition I am at is, I have used sholesmod to root, SPRecovery made a backup successfully when I rooted. I started the mod again and then it froze on the screen I have described, it looks like this:

all black until 3/4 of the way down then it reads

Welcome to SPRecovery. Use the volume up and down buttons to move between menu options, the camera button to select them, and the power button to back out of a menu.

Backing up before installing...
    Attempting Nandroid backup.

(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\)

that is all, pull does nothing, buttons do nothing. I was reading about SDK and ADB last night I will dwnld them after I take the kids to school.
  9. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

A battery pull does nothing?? When you boot it back up, it immediately starts in trying to install the new rom?

Other people reading this thread: Does this new sholes app have some way of automatically initiating an install on reboot, or something?

I don't know about this new auto-install thing (if it really does that), so take this advice with a bucket of salt. I would say the best course of action is to prevent it from happening. Pull the battery and SD card, put the SD card into a reader, remove the rom.tgz file from the card (and whatever other file is being used to initiate the automatic install). Put it back in the phone and boot it up - hopefully the install doesn't automatically happen this time and it will let you get past the recovery screen.
Search tags for this page

sprecovery

sprecovery mount options
unroot.zip from op