SPRecovery with BBv 0.4 rejecting flash player update! wtf??

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Jakeeybaby, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakeeybaby

Jakeeybaby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys so I'm running BBv0.4 and I have sprecovery, but everytime I get the flash player update I press it and it reboots in sprecovery and rejects the update, I thought bb v 0.4 already supports flash, but it dosent! Any ideas?????

2. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, you must be new.

Did you use the search function at all during your visit?

Custom Recoveries (like SPRecovery and ClockworkMod Recovery) block OTA updates because OTA updates are official software. And we all know official software doesn't include Root. Also, installing an official OTA update would mean that you lose your custom ROM (suck as BB v0.4, CM v6.0.0, etc.)

Anyways, thank you for stopping in and chatting with us tonight. Be sure to use the search function on your next visit, and have a wonderful evening.

*Takes deep breaths*

:painkiller:

3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I forgot the most important part of your OP.

Have you heard of this great search engine that the internet has called Google? It totally rocks; they even make the software called Android included on your phone. This is actually a great thing, as all things Google (Google search, Google Maps, Google Translate, etc.) integrate wonderfully and seamlessly on a smart phone such as our beloved Motorola Droid.

I've taken the liberty of providing you with a link that suits your needs and will help you find what you are looking for.

Adobe Flash for Motorola Droid Android 2.2 Froyo

Enjoy

*Takes more deep breaths*

4. droidilac

droidilac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My two cents. Maybe you should have googled the "how to stop OTA notification" for his Droid...

To the OP.. Yes bb v0.4 does support flash. Its an APK so you don't flash it through SPrecovery. You download it and browse your download folder with Astro for example and ckick/press it and it opens the app manager that asks if you want to install.... Just an FYI since I am unclear as to your problem is exactly....

Good Luck

5. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nobody put a gun to your head and MADE you reply to this post, while it was nice of you to actually give good answers, was the attitude really necessary? you were a n00b at one point too homie!

6. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, and welcome to the party. You sure are late as hell, "homie".

I may very well have been a noob once too, but I sure as heck did know how to use the search function and read. Never once did I post something so basic and I never once posted anything with a "wtf" in the title.

Oh, and no one put a gun to my head and MADE me use the search and read either, but it sure was nice that I did; "homie".

7. borq646

borq646 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Zero comes across as a condescending, holier than thou, person quite often these days.

He's an elite fella. Sad.

8. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone here ask you your personal opinion of me?

9. borq646

borq646 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. But it is just that. MY opinion of you. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just figured I'd share mine.

10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Do us a favor then, don't assume anything. You know the how the old saying goes, right?

11. borq646

borq646 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't need to assume anything. I'm quite aware of my opinion of you and there is not a chance in hell that at least one person around here doesn't feel the same.

Have fun being your leet self kiddo. I won't be responding to you anymore I don't think.

Make sure you get the last word in since I'm positive that is the kind of person you are.

12. JFrawls

JFrawls Member

Ratings:
    +2

Hahaha yesss Borq... I thought for sure that this jerk zero was going to reply. I thought I'd just chime is to say hi... I'm one of the others that holds a similar opinion.
    When did droidforums turn into BGR with all the negative attitudes???

13. borq646

borq646 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure he wants to. It's probably killing him not to. I just have grown tired of his rudeness to people just looking for help.

14. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +932
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Closed....

Guys please treat each other respectfully. If you don't want to help the OP and feel irritated over the question just move on.

Please take the time to read "Please Read" in my signature.

Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.