1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPRecovery not workign right? WTF??

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by madspeed, Apr 13, 2010.

1. madspeed

madspeed New Member

Ok, now I've restored back to oem specs using the .sbf. rooted, then tried to install new rom. Every time i try this, i get stuck into a boot loop with just the m logo cycling through. If i try to use SPRecovery to revert back, I get hung up at the m logo upon reboot. Can't get any farther.. Something is not right, should I have to keep going back to the .sbf file?

As of now, I can get into SPRecovery, but can't get anything to boot up. What might I be missing? Is something messed on my sdcard?
  2. madspeed

madspeed New Member

yep, still at it. i can sbf it back to stock all day, then follow the instructions TO A T not missing anything, believe me i tried 3 times today!!! Still just get stuck in boot loop. If i try to restore, get stuck at a solid m logo....
  3. huskur

huskur New Member

what rom are you trying to install?
  4. madspeed

madspeed New Member

Latest .9 version of Bugless Beast 2.1. Exact is called BDS-20100321-0257.rar
  5. madspeed

madspeed New Member

restoring to my rooted 2.01 oem now....

rebooting.....and BAM, stuck at solid M logo. coulda called that one!!!

WTF WTF WTF :mad::mad::mad:

at my wits end here...

went back to try again with the BB rom and the m logo cycles through

tried the stock backup and hangs up at a solid m logo no cycling

Im stumped?
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  6. madspeed

madspeed New Member

well maybe i'll try ultimate droid and it will go better
  7. forkup

forkup New Member

Try a kernel with stock speeds.
  8. madspeed

madspeed New Member

am running the stock kernel. haven't upgraded yet
  9. msu

msu New Member

Well, I just installed UD 10.0 and rebooted into recovery and installed a different kernal and now I'm stuck at the moto logo. I have never had this happen
  10. madspeed

madspeed New Member

well that's comforting....:)

just installed ud10 and still stuck at m logo cycle. MUST be something on the sd card, cause everything else has been done correctly MANY times!!!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  11. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

SD card has nothing to do with your phone booting up. A few apps may use it to store some things, but nothing mandatory. The phone can run without an SD card.

Something somewhere went wrong, not sure what steps you have been following and where something could have gone wrong but something has gone wrong. Since you said you have working RSDLite, you can flash the .sbf again. Get it back up, make sure it works, then root > recovery > ROM.
  12. madspeed

madspeed New Member

that's what i've been doing now for the last few days. Seems like something isn't right, I can go through all the steps without problem, then get stuck in boot loop during final restore
  13. msu

msu New Member

Well, I found a nandroid back up and went back to 9.0. Once I was back up, then I rebooted, and did a nandroid of UD 9.8 and everything is back to normal. Whewww...
  14. SDI

SDI New Member

Does anyone know if this problem is with everything that you try to load concering with UD version 10? I just loaded that and when i try to add some live wallpapers from the blackdroid rep that are labeled version 10 i get the M logo and it stalls? I have tried both clockwork and spr they both do the same thing?
  15. madspeed

madspeed New Member

Mine stalls regardless of what rom i try to use. Gonna sbf back to dtock again and reformat my sdcard

finishing up copying the contents right now first
  16. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

I'm no bigwig here, but it's easier to keep your problem in one thread. . .

Let's start here: Exactly which .sbf file are you using?

I had the same message last night and today when applied the 'root' update.zip in stock recovery but it went through just fine. I used the ESD56 .sbf file. I think your problem is with the ROM you're trying to use.
  17. madspeed

madspeed New Member

This is the sbf.... VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf

I've tried several different roms

when using the sbf, doesn't it wipe out everything in the internal memory and rest back o stock? Or is there bits left that may cause something to go corrupt? Jus thinkin out loud here...
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  18. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Yes. Flashing a phone using RSD Lite (or any other multi-flash/flex tool) with a .sbf file wipes everything off of it, well beyond what you can do by wiping system, data, cache, etc. It puts the raw software on your phone and even wipes out your phone number, whatever prl etc., just like straight from the factory.

What is the last working rom backup you have and which recovery did you use to back it up, CMR or SPR?
  19. madspeed

madspeed New Member

I don't have any working backups...Anytime I try to go to a new ROM, I just get stuck in the boot loop. If I try to restore any backup I get stuck at the M logo.

Oh, and yes I follow all the backup steps

Also using SPR and whatever Rom I try to use this same thing happens!
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  20. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Well, then if you don't have any working backups, then stop trying to use them to restore to and start over. If flashing the ~ESD56~ .sbf file is working for you then here's a few steps to easily get your phone rooted again and on your way:

(Fastest) After flashing and before pressing the android on your phone, press the upper left, upper right, lower right, lower left corners of the screen. This will get you past the activation screen. On your phone, go here:

menu -> settings -> applications -> #Check the box for "unknown sources" at the top# then -> developement and check the box for "USB Debugging". Exit out by hitting the home button. (I ALWAYS do this, and leaving these settings like this hurts NOTHING).

Now download this file (dmupdater-10.apk) to your computer and put it into the android sdk\tools folder on your computer. Plug in your phone to your computer, open a command prompt, navigate to the adroid sdk\tools folder and enter this command:

adb install dmupdater-10.apk

Once it's done, unplug your phone from the computer, open the app on your phone (DM updater). It will want to update to dm updater 11, let it, then it will tell you to root your phone. Do so, follow the instructions to complete the task. They will be clearly stated on the screen of the phone. When it's done and you reboot your phone, it will be rooted and you will then have to activate it. Press the activate button, select option 1 when prompted by the call and then you may proceed from there to install whatever ROM you wish.

If there's any confusion, you can also get more info and/or do the rooting the long way as shown in my guides.

good luck