1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPrecovery leaves personal info intact?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hanfeitzu02, Aug 7, 2010.

1. hanfeitzu02

hanfeitzu02 New Member

I noticed after I rooted and flashed BB.4 My phone had completely wiped. Had to do the *228 to program the phone and all that.

Made a backup.

After making some tweaks, themes, kernels, etc. for a few days, I used SPrecovery to restore back to the original BB.4 install.

However, After rebooting, and putting in my gmail account, I turned on wifi... and found that my phone remembered my home wifi settings and password and was already connecting.

Why did this persist through a restore? Yes, I wiped data and cache three times.

Is doing an install from update.zip on memory card more thorough?
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

If I remember correctly, wifi information is one of the settings backed up to the google cloud when you check the "backup user settings" box. I don't think it has anything to do with being "left over" in the phone, it just restores itself with your google login.