SPRecovery Help.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need some help guys, here is the link I am following.

Custom Recovery Image - Root Your Droid

I am rooted. I have USB debugging checked (but mount is turned off as stated in the instructions). USB is plugged in. When I type adlb shell I get "error: device not found"

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adlb shell
*daemon not running. starting it now *
*daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
whats up man...its a popular tethering service, i use it all the time and it interferes with adb for some reason and gives that exact error to me...device not found. uhhmmm did you set up the file path for adb when you first installed it? cause theres a couple extra commands youre supposed to put in before you actually type "adb shell"....the tutorial i followed taught you how to bypass those first couple commands to where you could start any adb session with the command "adb shell"

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
whats up man...its a popular service, i use it all the time and it interferes with adb for some reason and gives that exact error to me...device not found. uhhmmm did you set up the file path for adb when you first installed it? cause theres a couple extra commands youre supposed to put in before you actually type "adb shell"....the tutorial i followed taught you how to bypass those first couple commands to where you could start any adb session with the command "adb shell"

Like you said it could be something interfering with it. I see the word daemon but I don't use daemon tools, or any other burner programs except power iso. Is the word daemon suppose to show up after you input adb shell?

No tethering here, using comcast. I thought I have folllowed the tutorial to the letter. I don't remember seeing anything about extra commands. Can you post where that is Nate?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
usually the daemon thing comes up whenever i use adb....and that thread, i believe, is titled something like "ADB For Windows Made Easy" i think...lol but just search the forum its in here somewhere, but i gotta get some sleep so good luck man...ill be back on in the tomorrow

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks Nate, I'll keep hacking away at it.

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok figure it out to this point. I can't figure out what to do after the su. I clicked allow, but after that whatever I put just duplicates. I'm using

Installation | Sholes and
Custom Recovery Image - Root Your Droid

Thanks for any help, been at this since my post above, which was some hours ago. Anyone got a clue to what i'm doing wrong.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
$ dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image
dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image
51+1 records in
51+1 records out
26172 bytes transferred in 0.023 secs (1137913 bytes/sec)
$ chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image
$ rm /sdcard/flash_image
rm /sdcard/flash_image
$ su
su
# /data/local/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.2b.img
# /data/local/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.2b.img
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/null /system
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/null /system
# mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p.bak
# mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p.bak
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
$ adb reboot recovery
$ adb reboot recovery

Last edited:
OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using the command prompt on the pc, but am I suppose input some of these commands using Terminal Emulator at some point on the phone? The tutorials don't say. Anyone?

Last edited:
OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mods please close this. I moved it to Droid Hacks.