1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sprecovery help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by blake2050, Jan 11, 2010.

1. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

okay so somehow i have made it to where my sdcard will not mount so i can access from computer. Only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with sprecovery. Every time I turn my phone off and boot into recovery mode and go to moun options it is always defaulted with USB mass storage disabled. I hit enable, clear the cache, and the only thing it mounts to (i guess stock cause ive never changed it) is the cache. Can anyone help with this??
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Blake,

Just so that you are clear, and perhaps I, as to what you are trying to acccomplish, I will add this which perhaps you already know.

To mount the phone from the pc so that the phone sd card is treated as a virtual drive, you do not use recovery. You do not even need usb debugging enabled. Turn on phone, mount sd card, and the computer should see the sd card as a virtual drive, and assign it a new "drive" letter.

To "mount" the phone for ADB/SDK shell commands, again you do not need recovery. You also do NOT mount as above. Only enable usb debugging, and you should be able to adb in.

Now if you are trying to do something else specific to SP Recovery, it might help to understand exactly what it is you are trying to do. It could be over my head, but I just wanted to clarify to see if I can help.

Craig
  3. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

yea i know its not in recovery mode i just booted that way to clear the cache and happened to notice it. I actually figured it out it was just a problem with my stupid comp.. Thanks though..
  4. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

how do I enable USB debugging? When i try to type adb shell as listed in the SMOKED GLASS rom it says "device not found".
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Menu>Settings>Applications>Development
  6. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

thanks, I will have to wait until tonight to see if that gets me into shape. This will let me type at the command line and communicate with my phone? I ultimately want to install a new ROM. They all say install SPRecovery first. Does this give me other options when I do the "power + x key"? When I do nandroid backup, there is no backup option.
    What is yor ROM of choice?
  7. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

So when you hold x and power on you still get ! In a triangle, or do you go to a screen with a yellow android in the background?
  8. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

I get the Triangle with the yellow !. My options are reboot, wipe factory, wipe cache apply SDupdate.zip. Below in yellow is some message about cant open cache recovery/command? What is that? All this is displayed when I power - x and then press volume up and camera
  9. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

Should I remove the Update.zip from the SD? and reboot?
  10. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

You dont have SPRecovery installed yet then. Download it from HERE and flash it to your phone using steps 9-26 on Math3w's latest walkthrough.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...-phone-2-1-rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html
    Using ADB, you will need to push it to your phone, I dont have the command handy, someone else will post it if you need it.
  11. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio New Member

is this 2b or 3b?
  12. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

13. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio New Member