1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPRecovery back to stock recovery without going back to 2.0.1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jlamb30, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jlamb30

jlamb30 New Member

Is there a way to get the stock recovery back on the D1?

Previously, I had flashed SPRecovery, did a nandroid backup, then rooted, oc'd, etc. Decided to go back to 'stock', so I restored the backup, and am now stock with the exception of SPRecovery.

It looks like, from another thread, that the 2.1 OTA update has been halted, so I don't want to go back to 2.0.1 and not be able to get the 2.1 update. and would rather not have to manually install it.

Can I get back to the stock recovery without going back to 2.0.1 via SBF/RSDLite/etc.?
  2. Cloppy

Cloppy New Member

I have not heard of a 2.1 SBF being out in the wild yet. going back to 2.01 you should get the 2.1 OTA update pretty quick i would think.
  3. jlamb30

jlamb30 New Member

But, this thread implies that the OTA 2.1 update has been stopped.

Edit: My main thing is that I don't want SPRecovery blocking the FroYo update, and would prefer not to have to go the route of 2.0.1 > manual 2.1. Would like to get the stock recovery back if that is possible without the other hassles.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

5. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

so in other words; if you have rom manager and you have koush's custom recovery. It will fail the checks so your rom should be safe.
  6. jlamb30

jlamb30 New Member

I imagine that any recovery other than stock will block the update from being installed.
  7. Cloppy

Cloppy New Member

yes because the hash/md5 sum/signature will fail and it wont install. If you install a custom rom most rom developers block the ota notifications all together
Search tags for this page
clockwork sbf mb855
mb855 sbf

sprecovery return to stock