1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SPRecovery and Clockwork

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xCaldazar, Jun 11, 2010.

1. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

So my cousin wants me to help him root his phone and install different roms and themes. I wasn't sure if the clockwork would be better one for him to use. I just went with sprecovery since it was the first well written guide I found. I have been using sprecovery on my phone and it has worked great. Would there been any good advantages to using the clockwork? I can't seem to find all that much info about what really makes them different, I have seen more complaints of clockwork though. Clockwork seems to have some sort of rom manager in the actual ui for you to chose from while using your phone. That seems strange to me, wouldn't that get written over with each rom since the apks change? I will be showing him how to use BB v.01 Froyo, I'm not even sure if BBv0.1 works well with clockwork. I see a lot of roms have options for both recoverys. Would the clockwork be easier to understand for someone that hadn't used sprecovery before? Or should I just teach him how to use sprecovery since I'm comfortable with it.

TLDR: SPRecovery or Clockwork for helping someone new to droid rooting? I have only used SPRecovery myself.
  2. Mulciber

Mulciber New Member

I think clockwork is easier to use when rom manager works right :p...which most of the time it does. When actually flashing stuff from the recovery I prefer SPR. So I kinda use both.
  3. xliderider

xliderider New Member

If you use both CW recovery and SPRecovery, make sure you create backups in both, because the backups aren't interchangeable.
  4. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

For clockwork do you simply just install it from the market? With sprecovery I remember going through some weird stuff by downloading some motorola tools program and installing drivers.
  5. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Yep, just install from Market. You will need the Premium as well to be able to download roms and themes.
  6. xCaldazar

xCaldazar New Member

Could you use metamorph or download themes on your own and just apply them? Or does it block that somehow?
Search tags for this page

download the clockwork package