Spots on screen and rattles or crackling in speaker

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed dark spots on the screen? I notice it while watching Netflix when the screen turns black. I don't notice it any other time. There is a lot and I even noticed a black line. The screen won't rotate in Netflix either but not as concerned about that as the spots. I have also read some post here about rattles in the speaker and ear piece. I have heard it with the speaker while watching Netflix. I turned it down and it stopped. Plan to keep testing it before the return days are up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

arabstar1982

Reaction score
My screen has blotches and even two lines that go vertically down the middle of the screen... however, its only noticeable if you are LOOKING for it (maybe I need to stop scrutinizing my phone LOL) and I swear the damn things have gone away because I showed my husband, he saw it, then he went back to look again and he couldn't find them again and neither could I. Sounds like its a common thing that is happening, so returning probably isn't a great option to try for a better screen... Now, if this "defect" causes dead pixels in the near future or some other secondary defect, I am gonna be highly upset.... until then, I think I am just going to enjoy my phone and now that I am getting it all customized the way I want... the thought of setting up another one for a problem that seems to be in most of them... just doesn't appeal to me lol

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can only see it in a dark room, when the screen is on but blacked out right?

breedingh8

Reaction score

breedingh8

Reaction score
My screen has blotches and even two lines that go vertically down the middle of the screen... however, its only noticeable if you are LOOKING for it (maybe I need to stop scrutinizing my phone LOL) and I swear the damn things have gone away because I showed my husband, he saw it, then he went back to look again and he couldn't find them again and neither could I. Sounds like its a common thing that is happening, so returning probably isn't a great option to try for a better screen... Now, if this "defect" causes dead pixels in the near future or some other secondary defect, I am gonna be highly upset.... until then, I think I am just going to enjoy my phone and now that I am getting it all customized the way I want... the thought of setting up another one for a problem that seems to be in most of them... just doesn't appeal to me lol

If return it and just backup if your rooted

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

arabstar1982

Reaction score
maybe I will go and see if they have any that don't have the blotchy spots or lines... no point returning my already set up device if they can't give me one without a blotchy screen or lines under it - I already got that LOL.

breedingh8

Reaction score
maybe I will go and see if they have any that don't have the blotchy spots or lines... no point returning my already set up device if they can't give me one without a blotchy screen or lines under it - I already got that LOL.

Mines fine been looking at it, and don't see what your referring too read in other posts issues with screens... Replaced fixed. Are you rooted?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Well I took your advice and went and replaced my razor. This screen does not have the blotches or lines and looks is much better. Now I can truly go back to loving the phone haha

S

SFGate

I'm glad your replacement phone is ok and I hope it stays that way!

DROIDRAZR

Reaction score
I had the blotches, tried to find them again and they arent there. So works for me.
And I had the rattle as well, I noticed it when I first got the phone because it was decently loud. Now the rattling is minimum however if you pay attention you can hear a very small rattling.. Debating on going to my carrier about it.

breedingh8

Reaction score
Well I took your advice and went and replaced my razor. This screen does not have the blotches or lines and looks is much better. Now I can truly go back to loving the phone haha

that is great!! ENJOY