Spot On Camera Galaxy S5

walidali

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Twitter
morooo7
hi
The moment of the appearance of a black spot in the middle of the back camera.
Show when taking pictures and video.
The camera does not show the front.
I thought he was dust.
But you clean a good camera.
But it seems an internal reason. It is not dust.
Please help me.
Thank you

Attachments

• default.jpeg
    default.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 259

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your poll and the "solved" title have both been removed as neither was warranted and at this point it certainly isn't solved. Hope someone has an answer.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unfortunately this question has popped up across a couple of our forums, with no real solution. Its my opinion this is a factory defect and I would return it for a warranty replacement.

OP
W

walidali

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Twitter
morooo7
Unfortunately this question has popped up across a couple of our forums, with no real solution. Its my opinion this is a factory defect and I would return it for a warranty replacement.
Thank you to answer
Do you think if it has been updated to Lollipop system disappear?
My problem I am a resident in a country where war and I can not get to the agent there.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would think this is a hardware problem and not a software problem. I don't think getting Lollipop on the device will fix a dot on the camera.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it IS a software issue, it could be related to the camera app. I'd try installing a 3rd party app to see if the problem goes away, but I think you'll find it's endemic to the phone's hardware and not the software.

I apologize, I wish I had better news, but you might be lucky and find out the new camera app solves your issue.

IKarpathak

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sangung Glaxay S5
I have the same issue.. Black spot where the autofocus ring is placed on front camera ..all my photos ruined .happened suddenly without any obvious reason.. Phone only 4 months old... Samsung will not repair it as they say its an international phone... I took it back to the sellers who refuse to honor the warranty because I threw out the box with the serial number???? Even though they recall selling me the phone etc..not sure what my rights are.. Currently the phone is with the sellers who think their technician can repair it but I have to pay him...grrr... Wondering what my options Re.

IKarpathak

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sangung Glaxay S5
Well the black spot persists- the camera couldnt be repaired by a regular technician - and the guys who sold me the camera would not replace it as they say as I threw out the box the camera came in - they cant exchange it with their supplier - and I called Samsung but they will not repair it as it is an "International Phone" - at this stage I have contacted Consumer Affairs as I believed I have been sold a defective item and they will investigate.. Sad but necessary ..