Sportstap seems great.

nikolaus

Reaction score
Sportstap seems like a great app for checking scores on any college or pro games. It also gives you the betting line, and projected winner for each game which is fun. But all in all I can find just about any game in a few seconds with this app. Anyone know of better app?

tu3218

Reaction score
no I think sportstap is the main one that covers all sports. though I will say that find I find it very screwy with updates. They never seem to work right. But as far as NFL scores, theres a nfl live scores app that to me provides quicker an easier access to NFL scores, info, etc.

djstarion

Reaction score
I've tried Google's Scoreboard app, but Sportstap is a lot better and gives a lot more detailed information.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently installed... and shortly there after uninstalled SportsTap.
The UI is great... ability to pick teams you want updates for is very simple. From here you can link back to the entire league and get updates for that as well. Really a well put together looking app and a great idea.
However, the updates were horrible. I set them for several different intervals to see if that was the issue, but no matter what (whether it be 1, 5, 10 min) the updates never took place consistently. Even when manually updating the scores the widget continued to display old information.
It was a good period behind for the last Bruins game... that's unacceptable with a 5 minute update interval set.
And it wasn't just the widget not displaying, scores would change and periods would end and there would be no reflection of this in the app for 10-15 minutes manually updating!!!
I tried uninstalling and re-installing, ... deleting and replacing the widget... nothing worked.
I am using Home++ and I don't know if that contributed to the issue. All of my other widgets update fine however.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I like it the best out of the available options. Nothing is better than ESPN MVP in my opinion, but I had to give that up when I moved to the Droid. :(

-Mike

hughesjr

Reaction score
Well, if you are trying to get updates in real time, sportstap might not be perfect. But, it seems to have the info within ten to fifteen minutes and provides good detail for boxscores, etc.

longboat

Reaction score
Try Live Score. It used to be Pro Football scores I think, but it claims to have been upgraded. I just checked the scores against the NHL.com site for hockey and they are excellent. Way better than SportsTap! I uninstalled that one. Live Score is fast access too, no delay when switching sports or accessing stats or news.

LordKastle

Reaction score
SportsTap is not a first party sports keeping agency. I believe they simply relay information and scores. There is no way for them to keep it instant in that case and there will always be a delay. I highly doubt they are using the same sources of any of the major websites or other organizations with their foot actually in the business.

Correct me if I am wrong...

sdrawkcabton88

Reaction score
I use Sportstap and it is good for checking scores after the fact, but like others have said it sucks with the updates.

I set mine to tell me when every Nets game started and ended (set this up about 3 weeks ago), and I just got the first notification today that a game had started. How am I supposed to know when they lose?

Technoman

Reaction score
I personally found that SportsTap was a resource and battery hog. Battery lasts much longer since I de-installed it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tried Live Scores... while it does update in real time... I find it no different than just putting a bookmark for NHL.com to get my scores. SportsTap widget was great. Wish I had SportsTap widget with Live Scores updates :)

Technoman

Reaction score
Live Scores is what I use now. Gives me the info that I want without killing my battery and available memory. If I want more, I just go to either Fox Mobile or ESPN Mobile.