sports schedules...

Pagey33

Reaction score
Anybody know if an app exists that will give you your favorite sports teams schedule?
Wouldn't it be great to go to your app and check who the Red Sox play on a certain day....etc?
This idea seems cool......
Why can't i find it?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Google Calendars has a Sports Calendar. However, for whatever reason, it won't sync with the Droid. So you have to pick your Google sports calendar and merge it into your Google personal calendar. Then, when you're phone syncs the calendars, you'll have you sports schedule on your personal calendar on your phone...that is, if you use Google.

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.
I got the Red sox calender i was lookin for......but I'm not smart enough to merge it with my personal calender.

alm0614

Reaction score
go to sports.yahoo.com

then go to the league you want, then click your team. then click the LOWER sports and schedule and then it should say add to calendar.. then choose google calendar.

or click iCal on that page and copy that link.. and then go to google calendar on your computer and add calendar then ical link and then paste it.. it takes a little while but it will sync with your phone

Mr Steve

Reaction score
Second sports.yahoo.com.

I've got five or six calendars importing to my Google Calendar. Never have to do anything as the schedules update themselves every year. I had to not have the baseball & hockey calendars on my Droid as the sheer number of games was crowding out my other calendar items. YMMV.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Sportstap and Scoreboard are both great as well. Although, they don't go far into the future they do tell you who's next and they offer real time score updates too.

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
Ya, how do you merge the calendars?

When you add schedule this way

go to sports.yahoo.com

then go to the league you want, then click your team. then click the LOWER sports and schedule tab and then it should say add to calendar .... then choose google calendar.

When done this way it automatically becomes part of your calender.

Scottslot

Reaction score
But how is it different than adding the calendar straight through google calendar as they appear the same in the google calendar?

alm0614

Reaction score
if you add it straight through google calendar for some reason it does not sync to your phone..

OP
Pagey33

Pagey33

Reaction score
When you add the yahoo sports way it merges with your personal google calendar immediately. When you do it directly threw google....it doesn't....I'm not sure why.

jets91090

Reaction score
I got it to sync but I don't want it to ring everytime there is a game lol. Is there a way for it not to alert?

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
go to sports.yahoo.com

then go to the league you want, then click your team. then click the LOWER sports and schedule and then it should say add to calendar.. then choose google calendar.

or click iCal on that page and copy that link.. and then go to google calendar on your computer and add calendar then ical link and then paste it.. it takes a little while but it will sync with your phone

PURE GENIUS.............thank you so much for sharing that with us !!!! I got my Chicago Blackhawks and Chicago Cubs snyced to my droid calendar