1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sporadic charge times

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Teezy, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Teezy

Teezy New Member

Just recently (like.. yesterday) my Droid began doing a plethora of strange things... but the one thing that gets me is that it randomly stops charging.
    Case - device was dead and I left it to charge at like 4pm today while I took a nap; the white light was on, so it was fine..... or so I thought. Comes 7:30, I wake up to see that the white light is off... then turn the screen on, and it only charged to 30% and the phone itself is burning hot (~52C) its ridiculous and this same scenario has happened 4 times since yesterday evening. Wtf is happeing?! =/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Need more Info...

Rooted?
    If so What ROM & Kernal
    Last apps installed
    USB or AC Charger
  3. Teezy

Teezy New Member

Oopss, my bad lol.
    Rooted? Yes.
    ROM/Kernel? JRummy's Kangerade v5.0.9/ChevyNo1 1.2Ghz Low-Voltage.
    Last apps installed? Don't remember but they were (6 or 8 of them, I think) updates I did this morning.
    USB/AC? AC charger. I've experienced serious personal issues a while ago with not knowing that USB charging doesn't wake up the device from a dead battery xD

Is there a way to manage startup programs? -_-

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Teezy

Teezy New Member

By the way, its charging normally... for now. I took the battery out and left it all alone for about 10 minutes, plugged the phone in and then reconnected the battery and as I come to find out, the battery charged to 60%, SUPPOSEDLY, before I disconnected it when it was beyond hot and at 30% o_O

Main CPU speeds are