Spontaneous reboots with UD 2.5

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with UD 2.5 spontaneously rebooting?

I upgraded to UD 2.5 the other day when it came out. I upgraded from 2.4, which was upgraded from 2.3. I didn’t clear out the data/cache when I went from 2.3 to 2.4 or from 2.4 to 2.5 but I did when I installed 2.3. I haven't been having any FC's or bootloops -- it appears to running just fine. Actually, it feels like it might even be a bit faster.

I don’t have any theme applied onto the phone. I am running the Slayer LV (1Gz) kernel with compcache enabled although since it isn’t activated when the phone boots, I don’t always have it turned on (with the compache start command). I use SetCPU to control the speed and have the built in overclocking turned off.

A couple of times the phone has rebooted while it was just sitting idle – with the screen off. This appears to be something new as it didn’t do it while I was running 2.3 or 2.4. It has happened about 5 times now since I upgraded.

Other than that, I really like 2.5 and I plan on continuing to use it.

droidemere

Reaction score
I had the same issue..I went back to using one of Chevy's kernels and it fixed the problem..the slayher kernels and compcache didn't go to well with my phone..maybe you should try a different kernel..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The kernel is the problem..mine did the same thing with Slayher. Make a backup and try a different one.

Has anyone had a problem with UD 2.5 spontaneously rebooting?

I upgraded to UD 2.5 the other day when it came out. I upgraded from 2.4, which was upgraded from 2.3. I didn’t clear out the data/cache when I went from 2.3 to 2.4 or from 2.4 to 2.5 but I did when I installed 2.3. I haven't been having any FC's or bootloops -- it appears to running just fine. Actually, it feels like it might even be a bit faster.

I don’t have any theme applied onto the phone. I am running the Slayer LV (1Gz) kernel with compcache enabled although since it isn’t activated when the phone boots, I don’t always have it turned on (with the compache start command). I use SetCPU to control the speed and have the built in overclocking turned off.

A couple of times the phone has rebooted while it was just sitting idle – with the screen off. This appears to be something new as it didn’t do it while I was running 2.3 or 2.4. It has happened about 5 times now since I upgraded.

Other than that, I really like 2.5 and I plan on continuing to use it.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great minds.... :)

I had the same issue..I went back to using one of Chevy's kernels and it fixed the problem..the slayher kernels and compcache didn't go to well with my phone..maybe you should try a different kernel..

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
VingInMedina

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Great, I hadn't had a problem with this kernel with 2.3 or 2.4, but hey, this isn't 2.3 or 2.4.

I've had good luck with Chevy LV in the past, so I will give that one a try.

Edit: Oh boy -- didn't like that one at all. Just bootlooped on me. I loaded a LFY kernel and that booted up ok. If I still have a problem, I will try a P3Droid kernel.

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
you might have to wipe data and ache and start reflash the ROM.