Spoke Too Soon.... SE Doesn't Completely Suck. New Bluetooth

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;KN2qoA0FfHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN2qoA0FfHQ]YouTube - Sony Ericsson LiveView?[/video]

My post last night seemed a bit too rushed (not really, read on to find out why) with this news that just came in. It seems Sony Ericsson's bluetooth watch line did not pickup stem like they might have hoped and so they just announced something new. This new bluetooth solution is called LiveView. Its a information tool for quick text message, Facebook updates, music controls, calls, RSS feeds, calendar reminders indicator for Android devices. It does this all over bluetooth, and apparently it does it well.

Now when you think of SE, you think... Whats the catch? Well its quite ironic actually. While this is all cool, it will not actually work on their own devices. Apparently the X10 is not cool enough to handle this (since its Android 2.0 + only), and so if you have an X10... Sony-Ericsson (not Sony), does not like you.

If this all sounds like something you want to put in your pocket, then it will be available before the holidays with all 1.3" OLED goodness.

Via: AndroidCentral

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's cool.. I'd sport one of those watches :)

meta droid

Reaction score
never thought i see it but, we are a step away from having phone-watches

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i think its dumb why do we need to remotely control a phone that would be in your pocket only thing that was cool was the heart rate and MPH

my .02

Bengal21

Reaction score
i think its dumb why do we need to remotely control a phone that would be in your pocket only thing that was cool was the heart rate and MPH

my .02

I work outside and in a place where phones aren't allowed. This would allow me to monitor my phone when it's on silent w/o getting in trouble with management. My only question is: Is it water proof or at least resistant for rain and such?

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm sorry but is one too busy to pull your phone out and see what messages, etc you have got. VS a bluetooth thing.

Tesler32

Reaction score
Awesome Little Device

I would rock one of these little guys. Now it would be super sweet if it can reply to emails and txts with some canned messages or something like that.

streetkid

Reaction score
It'd be cool if I could leave my phone at home and then take this out on a jog

tktouch12

Reaction score
thats actually really cool. like if its pretty cheap i'd get one for sure

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
its kinda neat.. but why not just pull your phone out??

i like the jog app.. but i just dont see myself jogging with my phone ever.... i dont have zippers on my shorts pockets.. and i really dont want an armband deal....