Split messages dont get sent

crackedvenom

Reaction score
i just noticed this the last couple days that the split messages arent getting sent. ive sent a couple and the person said they never got them. so now im forced to try and fit it all in one. can anyone help me with this? i dont want to use handcent or anything else because i finally started receiving pictures and i dont want to screw that up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just noticed this the last couple days that the split messages arent getting sent. ive sent a couple and the person said they never got them. so now im forced to try and fit it all in one. can anyone help me with this? i dont want to use handcent or anything else because i finally started receiving pictures and i dont want to screw that up.

So somebody says they didn't get a text message and right away its the Droids fault? How do you know it wasn't their carriers fault? Too little evidence to place blame on the Droid. Heck it could be a Verizon issue.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You using the regular stock Mms applicaion? I know handcent has an auto split and send option for long messages, however, I read the other day that the stock Mms app also sends long messages as 2?

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
You using the regular stock Mms applicaion? I know handcent has an auto split and send option for long messages, however, I read the other day that the stock Mms app also sends long messages as 2?

i was using that app but when i used it, picture messages never seemed to come through. i might do some testing and see if theyll work this time around. if they do ill just go back to that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
handcent, chomp seems to work better then stock anyway. give one of them a look. I am personally running handcent.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my bro and dad has an iphone (my dad has my iphone 3gs when I ditched it and att for vzw droid). And I send them pics vids and music they get it and send me some. And at times i send will send a 3 page text and they get it all, cuss me out for it, but they get it.

OP
crackedvenom

crackedvenom

Reaction score
my bro and dad has an iphone (my dad has my iphone 3gs when I ditched it and att for vzw droid). And I send them pics vids and music they get it and send me some. And at times i send will send a 3 page text and they get it all, cuss me out for it, but they get it.

alright thanks. i shall try it again, because i liked handcent a lot

ShowTime

Reaction score

I send texts over 160 characters somewhat regularly and have never had a problem with the stock messaging app splitting and sending them, or other people receiving them. Sometimes they get received out of order, but that's it. I'd say it's most likely a service issue (either on your or your friend's end) or a hardware issue with one of your phones.