Splashtop Remote Desktop is amazons free app of the day

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by liftedplane, Jan 6, 2012.

1. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

Amazon.com: Splashtop Remote Desktop: Appstore for Android thought you all might like to know this, I've been looking for a free remote desktop app and client for my desktop for a while, every single one I've tried that's free hasn't worked. this one seems to work pretty well. besides $5 free isn't bad at all.
  2. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

This app does what it is supposed to do albeit slowly. I have a high speed connection at home and attempted to connect via Wifi from in my own home too find way too much lag so connecting remotely away from home will likely be a frustrating act for me. I'll try it again later and update this if it changes.

The controls are fairly intuitive once you know them, but are definately better suited to tablets as are any app of this type due to screen size IMO. Tried on my phone and the act of selecting icons required zooming each time or using a tip of toothpick lol, no thanks, but ok in a pinch if you need immediate access to your PC. Much better viewing/selecting experience on my Vizio tablet.

HINT/WARNING: If you are like me and have your PC's desktop icons placed just so(in my case 60+ icons) and BEFORE you connect to your PC, you MUST select the advanced tab under your listed PC on your phone/tab and choose use native resolution otherwise you will have a desktop full of icons spread across the top 2/3 of your desktop and in no particular order, OH JOY! $%@#$!%$#
  3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Amazon must not have the latest update. The version i got in the market had an update a couple of weeks ago that fixed that little annoyance.
    Yes it is awesome in a tablet.
    I haven't had any lag on my version i got from the market

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
  4. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

I forgot to mention the battery drain on both my phone and tablet was much more than i expected for the 15 minutes I played around with it. This app won't replace my laptop to perform a remote desktop connection anytime soon but will do the trick when I have no other option

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

splashtop