Splash ID

mocurl

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck using Splash ID with their Droid? I've used it with the Treo for years and would like to use it on my new Droid. I would prefer to download the desktop version for Mac but am hesitant after reading posts re: synching with the Mac etc. Maybe should only download the local version from Android market? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

drowe

Reaction score
I really like it. It works well and the amount of customization makes it much better for keeping any data, not only username/password. Syncs great with my win7 box, can't help with a mac. They also have a deal if you've bought the desktop before you can request a key for the desktop version for the droid. I bought the winmo version years ago and am waiting to see if there are any time limits....

jpsykes

Reaction score
the wife and I have used SpashID on the Palm for years. We moved to the Droid verzion with no problems. SpashData sent a new desktop key for us at no cost.

Nepherim

Reaction score
I prefer SecForms, which seems to offer similar capabilities, and now has a desktop sync options (which I haven't tried yet).

srothkin

Reaction score
I got SplashID for Android for my Droid and Windows XP laptop. I sync the encrypted data between the two. Does what I ask of it. No complaints.

Shadowman

Reaction score
I have Splash Id. Both desktop and Droid. Like the desktop a lot. Don't like the Droid app. No copy/paste, and if you leave the screen to go type in a username, it locks it, and you have to put in the password again to see the password you were looking up. I've started using KeepassDroid. Interface is better, has copy/paste, search, etc. Pretty nice. But no sync. It's a self contained file, so it's easy enough to copy/backup, but as far as I can tell, so far, I really have to use only one side for editing. Hope this helps.

srothkin

Reaction score
I have Splash Id. Both desktop and Droid. Like the desktop a lot. Don't like the Droid app. No copy/paste, and if you leave the screen to go type in a username, it locks it, and you have to put in the password again to see the password you were looking up. I've started using KeepassDroid. Interface is better, has copy/paste, search, etc. Pretty nice. But no sync. It's a self contained file, so it's easy enough to copy/backup, but as far as I can tell, so far, I really have to use only one side for editing. Hope this helps.

Edit the record and long-press on the field you want to copy from and then select Copy All from the context menu that comes up. Then you can long-press on the field in the target app and select Paste.