Splash ID

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by mocurl, Dec 27, 2009.

1. mocurl

mocurl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had luck using Splash ID with their Droid? I've used it with the Treo for years and would like to use it on my new Droid. I would prefer to download the desktop version for Mac but am hesitant after reading posts re: synching with the Mac etc. Maybe should only download the local version from Android market? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it, wasn't impressed with the price tag, so uninstalled/refund.

3. drowe

drowe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like it. It works well and the amount of customization makes it much better for keeping any data, not only username/password. Syncs great with my win7 box, can't help with a mac. They also have a deal if you've bought the desktop before you can request a key for the desktop version for the droid. I bought the winmo version years ago and am waiting to see if there are any time limits....

4. jpsykes

jpsykes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the wife and I have used SpashID on the Palm for years. We moved to the Droid verzion with no problems. SpashData sent a new desktop key for us at no cost.

5. Nepherim

Nepherim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I prefer SecForms, which seems to offer similar capabilities, and now has a desktop sync options (which I haven't tried yet).

6. srothkin

srothkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got SplashID for Android for my Droid and Windows XP laptop. I sync the encrypted data between the two. Does what I ask of it. No complaints.

7. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have Splash Id. Both desktop and Droid. Like the desktop a lot. Don't like the Droid app. No copy/paste, and if you leave the screen to go type in a username, it locks it, and you have to put in the password again to see the password you were looking up. I've started using KeepassDroid. Interface is better, has copy/paste, search, etc. Pretty nice. But no sync. It's a self contained file, so it's easy enough to copy/backup, but as far as I can tell, so far, I really have to use only one side for editing. Hope this helps.

8. srothkin

srothkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Edit the record and long-press on the field you want to copy from and then select Copy All from the context menu that comes up. Then you can long-press on the field in the target app and select Paste.

Search tags for this page

splash id for andorid, what to put in for the url